Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: need feedback for my new Mock Up site template please

A thought, I did a test and copied all elements (except bottom copyright with tiny eye images) and saved/exported the entire file of elements as a .png and tweaked a little in Photoshop then started a new website doc and imported the entire back elements as One file image.

Question, do you think this is better? To have one main file png image as background template for the site? or having the multiple png images seperated as in the first .web attached.

I am attaching the other .web I just did with the one background layer. Let me know thoughts on this if it makes a difference or not to have one main image for background or mulitples that I will be able to move around and adjust at whim. thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

One background graphic requires more time to download. From what I've been hearing on the news many people are saving money by dropping their cable TV/high speed internet connections. You need to consider your target audience and how they may be connecting to the internet.

As for the changes you made in Photoshop, you can achieve the same results using Web Designer.

I took a few seconds to edit the file you originally post to make a few changes to show what could be done within WD.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thanks, yeah I noticed you can do some stuff with WD that I can in photoshop. I was just nervous during my first post because of color difference via different os and monitors & that pesky image being effected by theme color 2.

But hopefully with the last 24 hours working on tweaking it just so. Has made a difference in the last attachment I posted. (or I should say not the Last attachment I posted with the solid image as a background) but at least my new updated page found at the url I gave.)

I had decided against the single background image... not only for what Soquili mentioned about load times... but also (of course) there were major variances in the quality of the images being imported then exported & imported again which were tweeking the pixels too much.
    thanks for checking out my stuff & giving input. Much appreciated.

~
    Last edited by Eyescream; 04 June 2009 at 02:21 PM.