Greetings, So I took the plunge a few days ago and got XWD. This is my first time using the product & I still have SO much to learn. I am not a web tech head & a lot of the 'help' section in the program is too much info for me to process yet as I do not understand it all. SO, I have attempted to just make a Mock up template for my site.Here are my issues so far as best as I can understand or relay them. I am sure a lot may be answered elsewhere in the forums backlog of stuff and or in the help area in XWD but my brain is not finding it yet.

So I made the first template mock up. I published it just to see what it might look like live & have viewed it on my Awesome big screen PC desktop & colors look decent enough. But when I view it on my Macbook pro (newer) the colors have shifted greatly. My Eyescream hand drawn logo is sort of a Peach color, rather than the bright red it should be. And the background design has a more matte brown red color. I'd be ok with that difference in color via monitors for the background image if it were more transparent as it is in the program, but I don't want a Peach Logo title, but the Transparency seems lost on the background images and the image should barely be visible. So I went back in the program and made the image even more transparent & barely there & updated republished but did not see one bit of change for it on either monitor. I know I must be leaving out a step somewhere.

Also, there is a Wavy Scroll down the left hand side of the page and for whatever reason, this multi grouped image (and ungrouped) is effected by 'THEME Color 2' in the color editor, everytime I try to change the Theme color2 it shifts the color of the side scroll on the left. I tried deleting the image & making a New Layer in the gallery & then importing the image again & duplicating multiples to make the 4 scroll piece, and for whatever reason, the new layer with the same image acts the same way & is effected anytime I try to change the theme color 2 in the color editor. I have No idea why it is connecting to it.

Publishing: Once I published the page & before I had exported the website first, my images show up as 0.png 1.png etc. I understand it does this to minimize file size & or because images are agains a transparent background when created originally as a .png. But I cannot figure out how to rename them so they have actual names other than 0, 1, 2 etc. I tried going into the folder on my HD and renaming one there after I exported them into an html folder but didnt work. Again I am not well versed and tend to tackle things head on the long way around until I learn what is going on.

Also, when I view Page source Live, one of the 9.png in the list, actually had a name attached 'TinyGothicEye_red' so I am trying to figure out how did this one image get an 'id' or have any name attached to it at all? what is an id? can the others have id's too should they? or should I just worry about renaming the htm files/0.png titles to something more memorable & something that will help with metatag/keywords etc. I just don't want to have a ton of numbered png files on my site without names. So I want to be able to rename all the images so they make sense to me & so they have a proper name for possible search engines to find easier (as far as keywords etc).

I did not try to conquer any navigation etc on the site yet... not digging the 'buttons' in the gallery, at least not for the look of the site, and wanted to focus on getting my template set up & understanding how to deal with the whole export import & renaming files etc first. Not sure what my navigation links will be, probably text, but I wanted something that stood out but fit with my style & did not have too much of a slick look. Also another factor, I tried to load a button just to test it out (color match) and even not color match, and since the one image is connected to Theme Color 2, I could not switch some of the Text Color and theme color etc to the button, as it kept effecting that Right hand side scroll. So I scratched the idea of buttons for nav. right now.

thanks for reading ahead of time. Here is the link to the mock up page for now. Any comments appreciated as long as they are something I can understand and or spelled out in detail for any potential issues or problems.
thanks again:

http://www.future.eyescreamjewelry.com

i thought for reference I'd leave my actual website created on a different program. I made it from scratch in about a month in a half with lack of html knowledge, but the feel is slightly weighty & too boxy for me (and too many image details for the eye to focus, although I like my details, just too many) And I lost my HDrive so I cannot update the site any longer, all picture filepaths were no longer. So a window opened up to try a new site all over again. Hence why I am trying XWD and a new look to streamline a little.

http://www.eyescreamjewelry.com

~phyll~