Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Toonboom Studio 5 announced

toonboom studio is a program i use quite some time for traditional animation work.

recently they announced version 5, preorder already available

finally they have added rotoscoping, a feature i was really missing, as i prefer to work with pen and paper and then transfer it to computer

here is the product page, including some introductional videos:

http://www.toonboom.com/products/toonBoomStudio/
    Trust me - I know what I'm doing! -- Sledge Hammer

Default Re: Toonboom Studio 5 announced

This looks truly interesting. I so wish I had the time to play with something like this (and to justify the purchase price). My cartoons have always been static. Maybe they wouldn't transfer to an animated medium. But it would sure be fun trying

I was wondering if you create cartoons using Xara 4?. I'm interested in changing over from PSP 7.0 to Xara and having some difficulty with the
    interface. Can you tell me where the talk bubbles are at?

thanks,

KermtAllen
    kallen83936@roadrunner.com

as in other thread - you make your own - all part of the cartoon is it not?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello KermitAllen

For me, cartooning isn't like Visio where you pick one of a multitude of little clips arts and insert them as required. It's about originality, and that's why I like Xara Xtreme. It has all the drawing tools I'll ever need to create or manipulate my cartoons. And the work is 100% mine.

To be honest, if you like cartooning, I would have thought that drawing the speech bubble would be the easy bit

This thread is going a bit off topic. As for cartoons that are comic strips, it's simple to do in Xtreme.

For making cartoons that are animations, Toon Boom Studio and Xtreme go hand in hand. I do all my characters and backgrounds and props in Xtreme, test them out--the rotation points, layout and positioning--then export as PDF. Then I import the PDF into TBS and you're ready to separate parts, rig, set pivot points, etc., and animate. Works great!