Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Every Avatar tells a story?

Almost every member chooses to use an Avatar image, a single pictorial personification as a representation of himself/herself.
    Most will use the same Avatar and never change it while others tend to re invent theirs as often as a chameleon might change it's colours.
    Whatever the reasons, there always a reason, so I thought it might be fun and interesting to hear from other members why it is they chose their particular avatar to represent their manifestation at Talkgraphics.

I'll start:

I'm one other those who has changed their avatar a number of times, currently though I've kept with the skink.
    The Pink Tongue Skink I use doesn't exactly represent me as such, but it does represent a moment in my own life where I connected with another small life on planet Earth, a rare animal who came to share some quiet space in my shed to 'shed skin' and grow a little before moving on.
    I may never see one again - so in it's own way, was a small but important moment (perhaps for us both?).

Default Re: Every Avatar tells a story?

Ok... there is no real deep associations with this avatar and myself.
    Other than that it is based on one of my vector projects and I really like it.

I am often on the lookout for ideas for vector projects and a few years back I decided to do a piece based on this famous art work as im a fan of the master... but of course i started out doing the male version...which is laying around on my hard drive probably 85% finished... a .cdr file.

Anyway halfway through i decided it would be interesting to do a female version and also there was a model on the net who i was into at the time who i considered to have close to ideal proportions so i decided to create this in her image and give it a contemporary feel...
    Originally it had a handbag, Stilettos a mobile phone ETC on one layer and different outfits ETC i just kept on building on it... anyway i somehow lost this up to date version at one point and so it sat on my drive unfinished for a year until i decided to finish is without all the accessories and leave it at that.

For the avatar i wanted to use one of my own projects and this was the most interesting choice...there are others that i will probably change to eventually pending the completion of various things but I'm rather liking this one.

My avatar is me, in a way. Although I've moved around a fair bit (and currently living a stone's throw or three from Manchester United's lair ) Liverpool Football Club has been in my blood since the age of 6 when my uncle - now passed on, bless him - took me to my first match at Anfield. Through thick and thin, rain and shine, the slings and arrows of outrageous refereeing, watching Steve Heighway burning the turf with sheer speed and Stevie G taking on the world by himself, standing on the Kop or wearing my Dietmar Hamann 2005 Champions League shirt and teeth-gnashing by the radio, "You'll Never Walk Alone" ... it's that kind of club.

I changed my avatar a few times, but Egg requested I change it back ... so I did If I change it again all the above wont make any sense, so it'll be back if I did change it
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Some people change their underpants about as often as I change my avatar. My average works out at about once every 6 weeks (avatars that is, not underpants).
    I change my avatar for varying reasons, a thread I'm involved in captures my imagination, for example, sledger's one urging us to post pictures of ourselves prompted me to upload my fizzog as an avatar.
    Often they are as a result of something I've been working on. I've had several of Dos the Cat, several animated ones and several related to my forum name.
    Below is a selection of past avatars of mine including 4 animated ones.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avatars.png 
Views:	284 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	61760  
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

My current avatar is one of my favorite vector drawings that I have made over the past 10 years. Batman was one of my favorite comic book characters as well as my Grandfather's favorite. The batmobile from the 1940s seems appropriate.

People may want to visit the 'old avatar graveyard'
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...hlight=avatars
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

My avatar is... "me" (literally) I have no idea why I chose to use the pic I did but... there it is.
    I have only changed mine a couple times, and honestly, cannot remember what it has been in the past... as my short term memory is fading.
    So, in a way, I guess I use a pic of myself... so I don't forget what I look like.... so I don't get startled in the bathroom when I look in the mirror, and think it's some strange guy in my bathroom

Its my logo, Its Branding and brain washing , so that when ever anyone see's "Artist For Hire" or A4H, or a4hire, they will think of me and my web site!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I like retro robots and spaceships. The avatar is a part of the image that I did for the defunct crea18 project and I can't think of anything better. If I remember correctly, parahandy had one of the squares next to mine. Must have been a very early work for Norman.

My avatar on TG has always been a reflection of one of the projects I have been working on at the time - right up until the current incarnation of the donkey. If, as planned, the current project takes on a permanent life, then the avatar may stick around too....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I like to change my avatar from time to time, I've had different avatars based on my screen name, and a couple that were me, lately I've been using the flowers because it's late spring/early summer here and I love flowers Who knows thou I may change it again soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.