Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Accessibility

Default Accessibility

I have been playing with Xara Web Designer now for a few weeks, and it is going well. Most of what I want to do is working.

What I would like to talk about is really how far Xara is accessible.

My concerns are not only things like the order of the DIV's in the source but the feeling (no more then a gut sensation) that there's going to be a client when I produce a site, they will turn round and say 'Ive just been speaking to ... and the site doesn't do ....'

Are there any experienced designers who deal with accessibilty and know of any issues with Xara, and if they are 'show stoppers' or if there are some work around.

I know this is a bit 'fluffy' but it woul be good to get some idea of what others have experienced.

Thanks Guys.

www.websitesbymark.co.uk

Default Re: Accessibility

Since WD came out I have had only one static site to do and used the placeholder with java script so that user could increase font size with their mouse without any problems. Would use stylesheets for most of my accessibility so that viewers could have control giving them high contrast colours with fonts and the ability to change the look of the site so WD is not the best editor for this area. Maybe you could get round this problem using both java script and extra stylesheets but to be honest I have not tried this route. I might have a try at this when I have some spare time to see if i can get it to work.
    Design is thinking made visual.