Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default sub buttons missplaced

MM submenus

1. I was quite distressed until I learned the mm buttons don’t show or function until you’re inside the browser.

2 A problem I do have is that all functions and appears fine inside mm and also inside the mm “preview in browser” feature. However when I export and actually look at it in the browser, the menu (sub-buttons) are all, always displaced about 2 inches down and 2 inches to the right of where they should be. I’ve begun again with no change. Is there a chance my placeholder dimensions are aggravating their placement?

Ya gotta know how much a life saver this forum is for silver haired critters like me, and others too.

Gramps

Default Re: sub buttons missplaced

Hi Gramps,

You didn't mention which browser you are using. There is a known problem with dropdown menus with Chrome and Safari browsers.

A fix for the problem is on the Xara Support site.
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...&nav=0,454,460
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes I'm using Chrome.
    What bothers me in looking at the 'band-aid' you listed is the queezy feeling that every time I make a change in the mm I'm going to have to do the fix again. As things stand, I can't justify the 'continual' messing with them. Additionally I'm thinking I made a wrong choice in getting a program that is made by the same maker as my favorite XWD prog. Do you know if there is a permanent fix coming? I mean... this is for compatibility with a GOOGLE browser. I certainly am not wanting to check out ******* or somebody else but....

gramps

Hi Gramps,

There hasn't been any updates to MenuMaker since 2004.

My guess would be that Web Designer is the latest update.

Long time fix would most likely be to create drop down menus in Web Designer. A future update or new version of Web Designer may include a menu wizard similar to the one in Menu Maker or possibly even better.

Moderators are users of the programs and not affiliated with Xara Group Ltd. We know only what other users know about the programs so all of the above is guess work at best.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update