Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make an Image Map

I have this banner image with multiple logos on the image. I want to create a link over each of the logos. I just cant seem to find the right tools to do it with within xara. Can someone point me in the right direction? thanks!
    IP

Default Re: Make an Image Map

Ok i think i may have figured it out. Over each logo i just created a rectangle and cleared the fille and line color. then i right clicked on that square and inserted a web address. Is that the right way to go about this or is there a "better" way?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by chris8186 View Post
    Ok i think i may have figured it out. Over each logo i just created a rectangle and cleared the fille and line color. then i right clicked on that square and inserted a web address. Is that the right way to go about this or is there a "better" way?
    Ok so no that didnt work. When i clear the fill and line color the link also disappears. Any suggestions? i basically need to create an invisible layer over each logo that contains a link to that teams website. here is the image so you have an idea. Each on of those logos needs a link to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	longhorns_rev_logostrip.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	61527
    IP

Have you tried with 95% transparency?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Chris try the attached .web file.

There is a transparent rectangle over each logo and each has a link to http://www.xara.com

You can edit the links.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logos.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	61532  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Chris try the attached .web file.

There is a transparent rectangle over each logo and each has a link to http://www.xara.com

You can edit the links.
    Hey Soquili, Although what you made does work perfectly, im trying to make the link layers invisible. The layers that you have on there makes the visibility of the logos bad.
    IP

The most you can make a link object invisible is 99.5% if you make it 100% they become ineffective as link objects.

Simply marquee select all the small rectangles and change the transparency from 95% to 99.5%.

You may have your monitor gamma set too high so that the light colour rectangles are showing even at 95% transparency. If that is the case even 99.5% may still show on your screen.

You can marquee select the rectangles and make them a darker colour to see if that helps.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

You can also create the shapes that act as buttons below your image so they need no transparency. Open the xar, select the bitmap and move it to reveal the links underneath it. They all link to a new TalkGraphics window here.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP