Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New user need help IE troubleshooting Downloading Templates

Greetings, Very New user. So new I haven't used yet.
    I just purchased the web Designer (a few minutes ago) and activated it with the serial #, and noticed an issue whenever it directs me to IE to open a browser for downloading the templates. It leads nowhere. I have internet access. I mainly use Firefox. I made sure Internet was active for Internet Explorer by Clicking the IE icon & going to a site. But for some reason, when I am in the XWD and click 'Help' and 'Download Templates' as it prompts. And then a new IE opens up, the IE never goes anywhere. It's blank, the url is blank. And it is not acting like it is loading.

So, am I missing something? Has this happened to anyone else or do I just have a weird glitch in my program? Is there a url to the page with the template downloads on it that someone can give me if there is no work around to the IE situation? Also, is there something I should be setting up in my computers preferences, or within the program itself that can bypass IE as the initial XWD downloader or internet connector? As I am a little nervous with this IE. Please let me know.

thanks in advance.

~
    Last edited by Eyescream; 28 May 2009 at 06:54 PM.

Default Re: New user need help IE troubleshooting Downloading Templates

What version of Internet Explorer is installed on your system.

If it is not version 7 or 8 I would recommend updating IE on your system.

Looking over the Xara Support site there is no information about a similar problem access the template download.
    Support.Xara.Com

BTW even if you do not use Internet Explorer as your primary web browser it is best to keep it updated for security reasons. Also portions of IE are often used by applications for acquiring updates and may not be able to do so if a newer version of IE is required.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ok, thanks. I will look into what version I have when I get on my desktop. I understand about keeping IE on the computer etc. Which is why it is still there... if it wasn't involved in all the nifty interactions it does on my computer I would have nixed it long ago.
    I'll let you know after I update if it helps. Thanks for taking time & will be checking my pc tonight.

~

ok I loaded the latest IE version 8. And restarted the computer etc. And opened XWD application & followed the 'Help' and 'Download Templates' and it Still opens up a Blank Windows IE.... shows 'Connecting... but no action...
    Finally after some tweaking and restarting & doing other various things that may seem simple... I got the downloader to appear.
    Yay! So thanks for telling me to update. I take for granted that updates sometimes don't automatically happen when updater boxes appear when you are working on vital things and some updates may have been dismissed for timing.

I am sure I will be back with more questions later.... I am just glad that I may be able to start working with XWD this weekend.

thanks again for your help and quick response.

~

Thanks for getting back with how you progressed.

Glad you have sorted things out and have the templates installer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update