Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am an amateur at computer (or any) graphics. I first heard about Xara about one month ago. I have been reading Gary Priester's tutorials, and finally tried my hand at something original.

I have attempted to recreate the bubbling Christmas tree lights that I have seen at various times over the past fifty years.

Any comments will be appreciated. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BubbleAni.gif 
Views:	1293 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	6703  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice work Soquili, like the reflections & bubbles
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I thought you were illustrating your address! It certainly looks good.
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

Thanks Egg I tried to capture the image I remembered from my childhood.

Maybe I'll try to come up with a Boiling Spring for my next posting.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I know this post has been here for week or so , but only just got to it now. I must comment on it for two reasons. One: for sure to say you did a great job on the ani, Soquili ... bubbles are very cool. And the second is to say that I always wanted to try that particular animation with the same kind of Christmas light : ) May be in Flash too.
    Anyway ...
    I too (at the crusty age of 38), remember those lights well and are one of fondest memories I had as a child. Especially this time of year. I remember at an early age when at early evening we'd plug the tree in, i'd sit there on the couch waiting and watching for these lights to start bubbling one by one. They had a sequence too ...
    Over the years, they'd stop bubbling altogether one by one by one ... until one year, only the orange one would bubble. Thanks for the flashback.

Merry Christmas - Soquili

Wayne

Super effect, Soquili.

About the only thing I would recommend is applying a two-color Circular Fill on the red plastic bottom to the light, which would also be a more suble light source.

I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but Xara X has been optimized to produce much smaller file sizes when exporting animated Gifs.

To Wayne's point about being 30 something, rapidly approaching 60, I fondly remember when we had candles on our Christmas tree [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Especially the two color tip for the Light, Gary.

I've also noticed that the image does not look the same on my 32 bit per pixel PC here at work as it did on the 16 pit per pixel PC I used at home to create the animation. I guess I'll have to ask Santa for a new video card.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all.

Soquili
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update