Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Per the last post, in the last topic....

It was stated there is no custom install. That you must install RAVE, even though you don't need or use it.
    And that there is no clipart book showing visuals of clips.
    Can this be correct?

I come to this site 1-2 times a day. Most times I am way to swamped with actual WORK to post or reply. There are many more like me than like
    fontman.

p.s. goodbye fontman...is that your final answer?....zzzzzz...I doubt it.

Karen
    IP

Per the last post, in the last topic....

It was stated there is no custom install. That you must install RAVE, even though you don't need or use it.
    And that there is no clipart book showing visuals of clips.
    Can this be correct?

I come to this site 1-2 times a day. Most times I am way to swamped with actual WORK to post or reply. There are many more like me than like
    fontman.

p.s. goodbye fontman...is that your final answer?....zzzzzz...I doubt it.

Karen
    IP

Karen

First I don't own a copy of Draw 10 yet but I do hang out in the corelsupport news groups.

Yes it is correct that there is no clipart manual. However if you have Draw 9 then the clipart manual is largely still valid from what I have read.

The answer appears to be to download ROMCAT to index / search and view clipart (thumbnails). This freeware program and a precompiled catalogue for most versions of the Clipart CDs can be found here

http://www.unleash.com/articles/romcat/

I guess that during the planning/marketing stage when Corel were strapped for cash that something had to give, unfortunately it was the manual.

I do not know about the lack of custom install option, there has not been any mention of it in the corelsupport news groups yet. However I'm sure that the custom uninstall/setup option must still be present so perhaps this is why there have not been any posts yet.

Peter

P.S. Have you read the news on the XaraX forum, it appears these Corel forums and all the others are to have a new home at Xara's own website sometime before the end of December [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Peter Clifton on November 17, 2000 at 02:39 PM.]
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Draw has a custom install.
    IP

We are talking about an upgrade, so I think it's reasonable to expect users to have and use the previous version's manual and clipart book. What nobody is talking about is the fact that Corel has stepped away from the "Honor System" upgrade. This is the first version where you must supply the previous CD as proof of an upgrade. Earlier upgrades simply installed themselves with no questions asked. I assume that you would get a full manual and clipart directory with a full version. At $549, those are expensive books!
    IP

I agree $549 is mucho bucks, I'm glad i don't have to shell that out for every upgrade.
    For years I've gone to trade shows for my industry (textile imprinting) and the Seminar teacher for Corel tells everyone there not to bother buying the Full Monty cause it's all on the upgrade CD. Well, how long can any company long endure that kind of "half price sale".
    Corel has to trim down, I hope it's just not going to scar off new "blood". The more new Corel buyers there are, the more we will benefit from the cash flow.
    Duh, we are all here to make a living in the graphics world. Where would I be without Corel...still had cutting rubylith Full block Arched letters for every High School team. 2 hours for "HURRICANES" by hand, 30 seconds by Corel. Thnak Goodness! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

I agree $549 is mucho bucks, I'm glad i don't have to shell that out for every upgrade.
    For years I've gone to trade shows for my industry (textile imprinting) and the Seminar teacher for Corel tells everyone there not to bother buying the Full Monty cause it's all on the upgrade CD. Well, how long can any company long endure that kind of "half price sale".
    Corel has to trim down, I hope it's just not going to scar off new "blood". The more new Corel buyers there are, the more we will benefit from the cash flow.
    Duh, we are all here to make a living in the graphics world. Where would I be without Corel...still had cutting rubylith Full block Arched letters for every High School team. 2 hours for "HURRICANES" by hand, 30 seconds by Corel.
    Thank Goodness! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Karen
    IP

Your teacher won't be giving that recomendation this year. The install for the upgrade checks for previous versions. Without one it won't install. Hope he/she finds out before they state that one at the conferece again.

T.
    IP