Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Permanent Rectangle?

This is the second time this happened. The first time I got a shape object from the designs gallery and I couldn't remove and I just ended up covering it. It happened again, except now the line is light green and it is in a place that cannot easily be covered. When I try clicking on it,it never highlights. It will highlight the whole back page before highlighting this pesky rectangle. I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it. What should I do?

And I am too far along to start over.

Default Re: Permanent Rectangle?

Check your layer gallery. It's probably on a layer which is uneditable. Make it editable and then remove the rectangle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lalyergallery.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	61351  

I think you are right. I fooled around with it just now and I could only move it when I moved the whole background of my page. But your way sounds more reasonable and useful in the long run. I'm going to try that on the other rectangle I have. Thank you.

How do I know which layer it's on? When I go to the layer gallery button I only get three options: foreground of site, mouseoff and mouse over.
    Last edited by katecj; 25 May 2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: a question on layers

Quote Originally Posted by katecj View Post
    How do I know which layer it's on?
    Hi Kate,

when you select an object you can see in the left bottom corner of your screen on which layer the object is placed.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga