Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone. I am new to all this and am overwhelmed. Here is all I want to accomplish at this time untill I learn more.

I have downloaded graphic sets and also pictures from the web. I want to take these beautiful pictures and put them togeather as I want them. With text also. To make nice things for my family and make gifts from my printer. You know those cute signs in a frame that say, "Welcome to our Home" The first thing that I did in CorelXara was select File, Open. I chose my background. It opened the picture but did not tile it on the whole screen. So I said okay just to play around with it and I will figure that one out later. I opened a picture to place on the background and instead of it allowing me to place it ontop it opened another window and placed the second picture there. Could someone please help me and tell me what to do? I have version 2.0

Thank you so much.
    Michelle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi everyone. I am new to all this and am overwhelmed. Here is all I want to accomplish at this time untill I learn more.

I have downloaded graphic sets and also pictures from the web. I want to take these beautiful pictures and put them togeather as I want them. With text also. To make nice things for my family and make gifts from my printer. You know those cute signs in a frame that say, "Welcome to our Home" The first thing that I did in CorelXara was select File, Open. I chose my background. It opened the picture but did not tile it on the whole screen. So I said okay just to play around with it and I will figure that one out later. I opened a picture to place on the background and instead of it allowing me to place it ontop it opened another window and placed the second picture there. Could someone please help me and tell me what to do? I have version 2.0

Thank you so much.
    IP

Oh my! In my haste of going through so many graphics programs I posted for help too early. Sorry about that. I found out how to do the backgrounds and to place objects ontop of it. I thought that by going into my bitmap imports and clicking on the file and clicking the little save, that they would all be there the next time I loaded CorelXara up. But, they where gone. All except for the default Xara background. I have to read further as to how to save my imported graphics there.

IP

Michelle

The 'save' in the Bitmap Gallery only saves the selected bitmap. If you File > Save, all the bitmaps you've used in the drawing will be saved with it.

For more help, check out the Xara Xone for Gary Priester's excellent tutorials. If you bought Xara from i/us you'll also have access to the Insider Area where you can download the Xara movies which cover the basics.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP

Thank you very much Sean. You cannot believe how many hours I put into finding this program. Most either did not support transparency and left a big blob behind the pictures I was adding, or it would not tile my background. So I am very happy to have this Xara! Now I need to tinker around alot and learn how to use it. I am sure it is cabable of so much more than just putting things togeather.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And special thanks to you 3 for this board! For dummies like me would need some help.. Hey, I should write the book. CorelXara for Dummies. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Take care,

Michelle
    IP