Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Printout of Web pages

I want to print out multiple web pages on single sheets of paper.
    Like if my website had 8 pages, and I wanted to print them using
    two sheets of paper. (Four unique pgs on each sheet).
    I saw a "multiple ??? per sheet" where you decide how many 'pages'
    across and how many 'pages' down.
    The problem is each SHEET gives me multiple copies of the same web
    page. Why would XWD designers think I'd want 4 or 6 little replicas
    of each of my web pages?

I only started using XWD a couple weeks ago after using Front Page
    for years. Don't tell anyone but I think the prog is worth more like
    $149.+. shhhhhhhhh

gramps curtis
    Hillsboro OH

Default Re: Printout of Web pages

I think that's a printer issue, rather than a Xara Web developer issue.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps Curtis View Post
    Like if my website had 8 pages, and I wanted to print them using
    two sheets of paper. (Four unique pgs on each sheet).
    You would have to have all 8 pages loaded in the browser for the content to be available to the windows print spool manager.
    How else would the browser and print manager know there was 8 pages to the site??

EDIT: Sorry, I might have misunderstood. Are you wanting to print the 8 pages from within Web Designer?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 19 May 2009 at 02:32 AM.

Let’s see you guys try it!
    I’m using XWD 5.0.1.7886 on a Windows XP sys pushing a Lexmark x4270 printer. I do double-up, quad-up, and hex-up page printing inside PowerPoint all the time with no problems.

My website godscomputermanual.com has 10 pages.
    INSIDE XWD I go to File>PrintOptions>PrintLayout>MultipleFit. Rows-2, Columns2.
    My slide rule says I should use 2 and a half sheets of paper. No quarter-sheet images should be identical.
    My printer is done having printed only two sheets. On the first sheet is 4 beautiful printouts of page one of my website. On the second sheet is 4 beautiful printouts of page two of my website.

Actually, I’ll settle for getting the website printouts OUTSIDE XWD if that’s what’s necessary.

Gramps Curtis
    Hillsboro OH

Hi Gramps,

I see, yes the WD (Xara Xtreme) Multi-Fit enables printing multiple copies of the same page content onto one sheet of paper. It's not for printing the content of four pages onto one.

Here's the WD help file passage:
    Multiple fit
    To print multiple copies on one page, choose Multiple Fit, enter a value for the number of copies needed across the page (rows), the number down the page (columns), and the distance between each (gutter).
    It works well for what it does.
    I created an 8 page .web file and chose MultiPrint, 2 colums/2 rows got what I expected.
    See attached PDF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8pagemultiprint.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	61125  
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're right - apologies.

I think that this is probably a hangover from Xara Xtreme where you may need multiple copies of a business card for example. Athough I cannot see the need for multiple copies of one page of a website.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

OK......
    We're all clear that XWD can't print all 8 pgs of a website on two pgs.

The need still exists. What will?

gramps

Export them (or print them) as a pdf. Acrobat Reader 9 can print multiple pages per sheet.
    Keith

You can easily grab screen shots of your pages in a browser (using modified zoom level for sizing), then paste the bitmaps (cropped to remove browser controls & frame) into any document creation software. I just did something similar, using only Xara Web Designer (on a letter sized document). See the attached .web file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cursor; 19 May 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks people... you did me good! <grin>

As one of you suggested, while in the XWD edit mode, I printed the site to a pdf.
    But then I pulled up my advanced settings in my cheapy Lexmark printer and under print layouts I found an feature that prints posters or "N-ups". Just a couple mouse clicks and I can print 1, 2, 4, or 8 pages per sheet.
    I'm a happy grandfather thanks to you'ns.

My next project is to begin wrapping my head around embedded videos and audios. For now I'm just linking the surfer to youtube.
    If I can stand the ads is this the way to go, or should I actually make a placeholder and go that route?

Some same questions about audio files...

thank you all so much.
    Now you can ask me if you want to know about coding databases with a color computer in Radio Shack basic or using cassette recorders for memory. Can you ever imagine looking at a computer screen with no color, no images, no variation to character sizes?
    Can you imagine doing hand calculations by rubbing two sticks together? <grin>
    I still have my slide rule on my wall.
    Thanks again.

Gramps
    Hillsboro OH