Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Printout of Web pages

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps Curtis View Post
    My next project is to begin wrapping my head around embedded videos and audios. For now I'm just linking the surfer to youtube.
    If I can stand the ads is this the way to go, or should I actually make a placeholder and go that route?

Some same questions about audio files...
    Yes these all work well via placeholders.
    Do a search in the WD forum because those topics have been discussed many times and with many solutions and examples from members being posted.

take the few minutes it will take you to figure out how to embed those youtube videos in placeholders - it's almost criminally easy and it keeps visitors on YOUR site instead of sending them away. If you are wanting them to buy from you or want them to click on ads that are hosted on your site, you want them to stay there, not be sent elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps Curtis View Post
    Can you ever imagine looking at a computer screen with no color, no images, no variation to character sizes?
    Good old times... I do remember it.
    Can you imagine doing hand calculations by rubbing two sticks together?
    Slide rules were my hobby when I was much younger. I ended up having a small collection of about 10 pieces of different functionality and sizes. Smallest one, a pocket version of the classical model was about 3 inches long and easily fitted any pocket. The most functional had twice the number of scales of the classical one and was fully double sided.
    I loved playing with them and learning to solve complex equations and performing calculations even though I already had a calculator and later a computer. These were amazing stuff.
    John.

Slip Sticks (slide rules) were great. I had several of them 45 years ago.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps Curtis
    Can you ever imagine looking at a computer screen with no color, no images, no variation to character sizes?
    But we very quickly advanced (in about 1984, as I recall) to the high resolution (720×348) Hercules graphics card (green or amber), which allowed for graphics and varied fonts.

Fun days indeed.