Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page size for Flash in pix

Hello guys!

Just start playing with Flash futures in the Xtreme 4.
    And have a big question )))

I need to make flash-button with 88x31 pix size. As said per Help section, I have to set Page size accordingly.

But there is a problem: when I'm trying to set page size at 88x31 pix, I have a warning from Xtreme about max/min size for the page. I can't set Page size 88x31 pix!

What to do?
    Thanks!
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC
    IP

Default Re: Page size for Flash in pix

Hi Alex,
    You will need to create your animation inside a clipview.
    True love is the ultimate truth
    IP

Alex, you don't need to change the page size. Just create your button at 88 x 31 pix and export the swf. It doesn't export the page, just the button.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

But if I have any tweening objects outside the button, it will export with all of them too, even I have selected the button only.

Thanks, Salaam. Having objects in a Clipview isn't convenient to me ))

I found other way to do that: I made 88x31 mm page size, export and then just changed numbers in HTML file. I guess it wouldn't work very fine if use some raster objects in animation (I guess it would bloat out the size of swf...)

So making clipview seems the most right way...
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 19 May 2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by alexbozhenov View Post
    But if I have any tweening objects outside the button, it will export with all of them too, even I have selected the button only.
    No it won't, if your other tweening objects are not on the white (page) area when you export.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example 1.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	61157  
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    No it won't, if your other tweening objects are not on the white (page) area when you export.
    In this case your word Xara will pass over the rectangle with a different speed (and different distance). Also, I checked the case when tweening object is outside the page border -- anyway I have the whole page in the swf after exporting...
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC
    IP

OK, sorry that always worked for me before, and it did when I tested before posting, so try creating all your tweening objects on the button itself to avoid dragging them.
    I created this fairly quick anim for you. It's prob. not what you want but it does show something going on on the button.
    Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Thank you guys. As I said I figured it out, I was just wondering a bit about minimum for Page size -- never seen that before )
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC
    IP

Niether had I Alex but I rarely work to a page size.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP