Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Arrow Two colour cmyk printing halftones

Hi I am creating a two colour print (two seperate plates) for printing onto a plastic timber wrap. The colours are orange and green. On the clients logo part of the graphics are aproximently 50% of the main orange colour. I need to make this from the base colour to avoid doing another plate. Could someone please advise me on how best to do this using a PC and Corel Draw X4. I have an Idea it is using half tones but I am not sure how to go about this. If any one could help it would be apreciated.
    IP

Default Re: Two colour cmyk printing halftones

pukekographics,

Welcome.

Could you attach a copy of sorts, so that we can get some kind of indication of how the colours blend/look.

What process are you going to use to print the plastic with?

Cheers - George
    IP

Default Re: Two colour cmyk printing halftones

Greetings pukekographics,
    To understand correctly, you are trying to output a two color file with halftones. Do you need to work in CMYK or can you use ask client for PMS colors and use that Pantone Palette in DRAW for an exact match?
    In the "uniform fill" dialog box (the paint bucket tool) you can pick a pantone palette and it will let you use a slider to adjust the tint of that color for an exact match. Is that making any sense? Good luck and let us know!
    IP