Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default suggestions for Webpage

Hi,
    I am trying to design a personal website using XWD, and learn the program at the same time.
    I would appreciate any suggestion on the design.
    WebDesign9.web
    Thanks
    Jim

Default Re: suggestions for Webpage

I find it hard to suggest anything since I don't know what you are trying to achieve. Your basic design is visually interesting but seems rather 'techno' and not very suitable for a personal site (unless you're young & cool ). Some of the things you do with your navbars (esp. under 'Misc.') look intriguing and I am curious how it will all look once you have finished your design.

Hope you don't mind me saying so, but the design made me dizzy ... and that's before the stereograms
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi,
    Well I don't mind ya saying so, that is why I posted it. I up to 2 hours ago had it with no Stereogram frame around the images, and a blue color theme as in this one.
    WebDesign8.web
    Try this one.
    Jim

That's better for me

Two points though:

1) Is the frame supposed to half disappear when I mouse over 'about'?

2) Text in the footer is unclear because of the shadow

Just a thought, but the original background was too busy because it was all the way across and 'jumped out', perhaps if it was narrow and at the sides - like two columns - it would be ok.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi John,
    Well I am trying to decide what would be appropriate look for the site. I originally created a 'techno' type webspace but had trouble incoporating in XWD. So I swithed to the *.8web file then dropped the tile for the techno sit into the *8.web just to see the difference.
    The 'Frame" was an added thought after all thoughts. But trying to decide which of them is suitable.
    I think as you stated the *8.web without the 'frame' showing might be the way to go.
    The whole idea was to learn XWD and some of the 'mouseover/mouse off' aspect.
    Thanks for the input.
    Jim