Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Graphics software (clip art) compatibility

Hi,
    I need to get some graphics software fairly urgently, particulary good quality clip art, photos, etc, to compensate for my abysmal artistic skills. I have searched for quite a while, but wonder if Explosion Art 800,000 software (from Nova/Avanquest) lives up to the hype about it that I see on the Internet. I currently use both Xara Web Designer and Xara Xtreme, but lately, I'm tending to prefer Xara Xtreme. The distributors of that clip art software say that it is compatible with almost every type of web design and other software, and names many of them, but does not mention Xara? Perhaps another member is/has already used that software and can confirm if it is compatible or otherwise with either/both Xara WD or Xtreme, or any other feedback?
    Many thanks,
    Roger

Default Re: Graphics software (clip art) compatibility

According to their site: *Popular WMF, TIF, GIF, JPG File Formats

Should be fine with that, but bear in mind only WMF *may* contain any vector data (WMF contain raster also). All the rest are Raster only (bitmaps). Remember that Xtreme is a Vector editor, so if you want 'scalability' look for vector format clipart.

Default Re: Graphics software (clip art) compatibility

Thanks Sledger,
    Very useful thoughts to build on my inexperience in such things and which I will keep in mind in my search