Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme vs Xara Webdesigner

Hello

First I like to say that I am sorry for my poor English . I like to create professional websites, I have experience with HTML and CSS. What do you suggest Xara Xtreme or Xara Webdesigner? Xara Xtreme looks more professional to me than Xara Webdesigner. Xara Webdesigner looks more like frontpage (with of course better HTML and CSS support). What is more professional to create web graphics and layouts? Or do I need both? Xtreme to create the layout and slice it and Webdesigner to code the layout?

And last but not least are here people that use Xara products like Xtreme or Webdesigner for professional use?

Thanks in advance!
    Riemer

Default Re: Xara Xtreme vs Xara Webdesigner

Hi Riemer - Welcome to TG Forums.

First important thing to mention is that neither Xara Web Designer or Xara Xtreme are HTML or CSS editors. They are not a Frontpage/Expression Web or Dreamweaver replacement.
    They cannot import or edit HTML at all.
    Neither program has an internal source (HTML) editing function either.
    Also (very important) any website you produce and export to HTML *cannot be re imported back as HTML*.

For producing/exporting websites, they are both equal. That is to say that Xara Xtreme has everything that Xara Web Designer has.
    Web Designer is a sub-set of Xara Xtreme which is Xara's flagship vector Graphics application. Xtreme has many more drawing and image editing tools.

Both applications create websites in a WYSIWYG fashion, in other words, they create a html version of your layout (whatever it is) when you choose to export as HTML.
    You can create links, rollovers, popups and navigation menus in a graphical way assigning links as required via the Web Properties dialog. You can also embed html snippets or scripts by way of 'placeholders' (search the forums for placeholders, they have been discussed many many times).
    The same 'placeholder' system applies to embedding flash and gif animations or YouTube videos and similar.
    Web designs produced by either program are static layouts, they do not expand to fill a browser window like html tables with percent values. Sites are exported using absolute positioning CSS. This ensures WYSIWYG designing.

You can find many examples of websites built with Xtreme or Web Designer in the Web Gallery forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I downloaded the trial and I see what you mean. It is not a problem it is even better, I always dreamed of an editor like this! So if I understand your post Xara Extreme Pro has all the products Xara created in one package?

Thanks for the fast reply!
    Riemer

Not quite.
    Xara Xtreme has grown over the years to include more bitmap handling functions and recently 3D extrusions, though it does not replace Xara 3D.
    HTML export was a feature first introduced in Xtreme 4 - the success of this led to Xara Web Designer which was targeted at people who wanted to create web sites in an intuitive graphical way but had no need for the power of a fully featured vector graphics application like Xtreme.
    Soon after , Xtreme 5 was released and included all the html export features developed for Web Designer. Upgrading to Xtreme 5 from Web Designer does not give you better HTML export functions, but give you vastly more design creation freedom and drawing tools.

So, WD has all the features that XX has? And X3D is that more something like Blender and 3DS Max?

Thanks again!
    Riemer

No, not at all.

Web Designer DOES NOT include all the advanced vector illustration tools, extrusion, CAS masking and so on at all.

X3D is nothing like Blender or 3DMax.

You can see the features list for each Xara progam at their home page

Oops, I meant XX does have all the features that WD has? And thanks I will look at it!

Thanks for the great and fast support here btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Riemer View Post
    Oops, I meant XX does have all the features that WD has?
    Yes it does

Ah, hehhee sorry for let it take so long . Thanks, then I think XX is the best option for me!

Thanks for the great support and fast replies!

Thanks for the great and awesome fast and good replies! May I ask you one other question? Do professional designers use Xara Xtreme (I mean people that use XX to make money) and is the Xara website also created with XX? I am just curious .

Thanks (again)!
    Riemer