Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've not been around on the forums much since the week after the first Xara X beta was released, and haven't look at the forums at all in the last week.

I remember much discussion about where one should buy Xara X, either from Xara (to "support" them more), or from i-us (for the "insider" stuff).

Maybe I have missed something while I have been away, but reading the new threads I can't see anything about anything new - but http://xaraxone.i-us.com/html/xara_products.htm says that Xara X will be available "exclusively" from Xara Ltd.

Does that mean i-us is burying Xara? If the forums are only a way of flogging the software, surely not flogging the software at all renders the forums redundant, therefore likely to vanish at the blink of an Eye (wire) ?

I've not been around on the forums much since the week after the first Xara X beta was released, and haven't look at the forums at all in the last week.

I remember much discussion about where one should buy Xara X, either from Xara (to "support" them more), or from i-us (for the "insider" stuff).

Maybe I have missed something while I have been away, but reading the new threads I can't see anything about anything new - but http://xaraxone.i-us.com/html/xara_products.htm says that Xara X will be available "exclusively" from Xara Ltd.

Does that mean i-us is burying Xara? If the forums are only a way of flogging the software, surely not flogging the software at all renders the forums redundant, therefore likely to vanish at the blink of an Eye (wire) ?

Daniel

At a Corel Users Association meeting in London back in September, I saw XaraX being demonstrated and took the opportunity of asking about purchasing XaraX.

Apparently there will be no difference in the cost other than VAT which Xara are obliged to add for European purchasers. I was therefore advised to purchase from i-us to keep costs down. However, much depends of course on whether it will be available before i-us closes (if the campaign to keep it going fails that is).

I guess the thing to do is to check here on a regular basis to see if XaraX has been formally released or, alternatively, get yourself on the i-us or Xara newsletter as I understand they will be informing newsletter subscribers of its release.

Hope this helps.

Trace