Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default footer link policy in this forum

just did my first post in this forum about a problem with xara, in my footer i had a link to a game of mine, somebody redirected this link to a 'spam' entry of this forum.

so i removed it, because, if this - although it is common web-practice to link to personal stuff in the footer - is the policy of this forum, i am fine with it

but now i just looked a bit around and there are plenty people linking to commercial pages in theire footers. i do not have a problem with that, as it is common web-practice and nobody forces you to click on that links.

the question that comes up is: why are others allowed, and i am not?
    Trust me - I know what I'm doing! -- Sledge Hammer

Default Re: footer link policy in this forum

Hi 93i,

Thank you for your question.

Talkgraphics Rules are emailed to each new member on successful registration.
    We ask all new members to read them and be fully aware of the conditions of membership.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24422
    Please note section II

While Avatars and signatures are allowed, links are generally not permitted in the first posts by new members especially when they are commercial in nature as they will be regarded as SPAM (unsolicited advertising) and likely designed to direct traffic to a site.

It's a good idea to contact a moderator or the Admin and ask them if your link would be appropriate before adding it to your signature.

Regards
    Steve

Default Re: footer link policy in this forum

thanx for clarification

... forum rules, who reads them anyway - next time i'll do

ok, then i'll try to get 'involved in the community' first.
    Trust me - I know what I'm doing! -- Sledge Hammer