Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: TG Double Take

Question TG Double Take

I was working on a line printer the other day and had the ribbon cartridge laying out on the table next to the printer. While screwing the ribbon deck back on I was glancing about when, all of a sudden, my eyes snapped to the pile of stuff resting on the table. Lo and behold, there was the TG logo resting on top in all of its glory. Or was it... After recovering from the slight shock I realized that this TG logo was similarly different from the one at TalkGraphics.com. Nudging a stack of green bar paper aside I revealed the rest of the logo on the ribbon cartridge and discovered who's it really was. Mouse over the attached graphic and you, too, can reveal who the other logo belongs to.

The graphics for this were created in Xara Xtreme and the Flash animation was done in Xara Web Designer using two frames. The first frame included MouseOver instructions to switch to the second frame. After some frustration with the animation flip-flopping between Frame1 and Frame2 I resorted to reading XWD's help file (What a concept!). It was there that I discovered that appending ;Stop to the Frame's name was the key to stopping the continuous looping between frames. Rather nifty, and I learned something else I didn't know.

Enjoy,
    HayTay
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HayTay; 09 May 2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added signature

Default Re: TG Double Take

How do you add the MouseOver command? Worked out the click
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

John,

Here's a screen grab. Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

I'd like to see your results (if you can post it),
    HayTay

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Bar MouseOver Effect.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	60728  

I've been fiddling around in XXP, not XWD! And you put it in bold! I worry me sometimes

Thanks very much for the screenshot, I'll have a go in the proper application now
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodist
    I've been fiddling around in XXP, not XWD! And you put it in bold!
    I do try to be helpful and highlight, bold and/or italicize the important parts.

Well at least you have all of the graphics you're playing around with created. And, yes, as you've noted, you'll meet with more success recreating this effect in XWD. At least you have Xara Web Designer!

All is not lost,
    Harry

Just a simple one to test ...

... Good Grief! I got it to work inline too! Thanks very much Harry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for discovering this Harry. I'm looking into it with great interest.

In view of the very active googlebots and slurp spiders, it might be wise to keep that company name out of Talkgraphics posts for the time being.

As for the Animation commands, it would be a great topic to list and showcase any new animation tricks in the Web Designer forum

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Just a simple one to test ...

... Good Grief! I got it to work inline too! Thanks very much Harry
    Bang up job, John. You're very welcome. That ;Stop Command sure comes in handy, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Thanks for discovering this Harry. I'm looking into it with great interest.

As for the Animation commands, it would be a great topic to list and showcase any new animation tricks in the Web Designer forum
    Steve,

There are all kinds of tidbits and goodies in the XWD Help file under the heading Flash Animations. The ;Stop Command and MouseOver Effect information that helped me fix my animation came from the Advanced Flash Commands subsection. There is also a BASIC like ;GOTO Command for viewing frames out of sequence. Alas, if you use the ;GOTO Command or ;Stop Command the frames are not tweened.

Needless to say I'll be reading the entire Flash Animations section to see what other tips & tricks can be had.

Hopefully more on this subject soon,
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    There are all kinds of tidbits and goodies in the XWD Help file under the heading Flash Animations.
    Thanks Harry - my point was that this is the wrong forum, I'd like to see the topic raised and discussed in the correct forum where members without advanced animation knowledge can see by example what each little tidbit and goodie can do

Steve,

Point was taken, I'm working on just that in another browser window. I'm changing the graphic to protect the 'innocent' in the XWD forum. I'll be ready to submit the thread in another few minutes if everything goes well. (Sorry, I took some time out for dinner.

'Til then,
    Harry

UPDATE
    >>> New thread started in the XWD Forum detailing this information. It's entitled Flash Animation Tips & Tricks - MouseOver Effect and ;Stop Command. Tell a friend or another XWD user, at least!
    Last edited by HayTay; 10 May 2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Added update and link to XWD thread