Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puzzle for Ed

Ed,

From the FX puzzle maker. I haven't figured out how to make the edges yet. It might be in changing the size of the pieces. For this one, I cropped the image after shaping. It appears that the application makes transparent separations between the pieces. I used gel to shape the pieces, but this can be done in the puzzle app. I imagine this is something simple. They never go into enough detail for me. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bpuzzle.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	149  

Ed,

From the FX puzzle maker. I haven't figured out how to make the edges yet. It might be in changing the size of the pieces. For this one, I cropped the image after shaping. It appears that the application makes transparent separations between the pieces. I used gel to shape the pieces, but this can be done in the puzzle app. I imagine this is something simple. They never go into enough detail for me. Rich

Very cool Rich http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

I gotta try this!

OK ... I found AV Bros. Puzzle Pro ... but no FX puzzle maker. Am I looking in the right place?

Ed,

Puzzle Pieces is part of AutoFX Series Two effects. The effect is available as a single effect. As a single effect, you need to install the engine then the individual effect. the engine was about 31 MB, and the effect was about 12 MB, additional material (not required) about 20 MB and the manual about 16 MB. There were four pages in the manual for the puzzle plugin.

It installed as a plugin to Photoshop and as a standalone.

I looked at Av Bros Puzzel Pro. I thought I was downloading an earlier version, but got a trial version of the latest release. Looked like it woud work, too.

Rich

Ed,

I made a blank image and puzzled it. The AutoFX application makes transparent paths, and I thought I could use this to trace to vector in X1. It was actually betted to trace a JPG. Anyway, you can see what I got. Rich

Name:	Blank_Pattern.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	10426  

Setting the aspect ratio didn't do it. Maybe adjusting piece size.

As a comparison th AV Bro. Puzzle Pro 2, FX can manipulate the pieces with in the plugin. It appears possible to load a different image into a piece or make the piece transparent. You can scatter the pieces, too. In AVB the movement of the pieces is done in the host. After cutting, the pieces are selected and saved to PSD in layers. I selected all pieces, but I think you can select individual pieces.

In FX, you can load a special shape. This is a grayscale JPG. AVB uses AI and EPS.

I didn't seem to have the edge problem in AVB, and it appeared that you can delete specific cutting lines. You can combine pieces in this way.

Rich

An AVB puzzle saved to PSD. The line image was on a separate layer. I was able to save to PNG with transparent spaces between the pieces. Then applied Gel effect with texture. Rich

Name:	AVB_Test.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	15915  

Hi Rich,
    I downloaded the demo version of AutoFX series two ... it doesn't allow you to change the image or save it. I might try downloading AV Bros. tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Ed,

The AV Bro works very well. It is a small plugin as compared to the AutoFX plugin. It isn't demanding on resources. I don't think you can do much with the demo. Anyway, I have both if you have any questions. Rich

Ed,
    An AVB puzzle with wide cut lines. Not possible with FX.

John,
    I had transparent shoe polish, and everything disappeared. still can't fine the thing. Good idea, though.

Rich

Name:	32_M_Monarch.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	11611