Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hawg wild!

Default Re: Hawg wild!

A4H Sorry we really did deviate there (this post was supposed to be about your "Poomba with a mid-life crisis"... design.)

Hakunnamatata dood...That means no worries! ...just like your hog... i don't think he's worried about anything....
    That circle of life thing is going to be alot quicker on that baby!

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    im not even sure what i do to be honest, i just do it....

well you do enough of it so hopefully some of it is of help to someone

you've got a good style going there Bruce and that' s the thing to concentrate on
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I won't bite that. (For a change: but you did take that quote out of context...)
    And my comment was related more to the content than the style...yes
    And I do think Bruce has made me think about raw creative work too...
    So i might try and push ahead with something straight from the brain (no art) just like much of his stuff.
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 01 June 2009 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    So i might try and push ahead with something straight from the brain (no art) just like much of his stuff.
    Just because something is from the brain does not mean it is not art, especially if that which comes from the brain is driven by the heart. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but it is a little ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    Just because something is from the brain does not mean it is not art, especially if that which comes from the brain is driven by the heart. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant,but it is a little ambiguous.
    Yes I agree, no argument here. I would say you did, IN hindsight yes perhaps...
    I just meant i was going to try producing a piece without a visual reference, often referred to as "Art".
    That's probably where you got that from, i.e i did (unwittingly) use the word in a context that was a little obtuse generally but i wouldn't say the same in a graphic context.

I'm a digitizer by trade so I'm very accustomed to referring to the "Artwork" I receive from customers on a daily basis. i.e. that which the require to be set up as embroidery. (Which could be a fax, a .jpg or a business card etc... which is perhaps industry specific lingo but graphic designers and such will probably also use that word in the same way... not sure if that's the case in the U.S. but i assume it is. )
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 01 June 2009 at 11:38 PM.

Yes, now I understand completely! I am used to sending "the artwork" to the printers or the publishers, whether I consider it to be art or not

Imagination is greater than reality!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

and a terrible thing to waste
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've heard that somewhere before...