Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default need to re-activate

I have had a major computer crash and over the last couple of days I have been reinstalling software maybe a couple of times .....now I have had to buy a new hard drive as a solution I cannot put XWD back on as it tells me I have installed it more than 3 times.....
    I have used the ticket system they tell me to use but got no answer yet ....I need to get on with things ......why do they take so long.... after all i have paid for the software......
    such poor service with a new product.....putting me right off Xara .
    Back to dreamweaver I guess.

Mike

Default Re: need to re-activate

Careful, your toys are all over the floor...

From personal experience, I've always found the Xara staff to be exceptionally helpful and also quick to respond. At least you're not dealing with Adobe.

If you're reinstalling, then surely you can run in demo mode for 30 days? And as for Dreamweaver, they're two entirely different applications.

As a longterm solution, I highly recommend having a virtual machine option set up. VMWare's FREE server (1.7, don't go for 2) works perfectly and you can install what ever OS you want and then run the software you need to trial. This way, you can just reset the virtual machine and reinstall trial software to your heart's content, or until you're ready to buy. In this instance you could have had WD up and running in minutes, and be working away on your project. (Just a thought.)

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    I have had a major computer crash and over the last couple of days I have been reinstalling software maybe a couple of times .....now I have had to buy a new hard drive as a solution I cannot put XWD back on as it tells me I have installed it more than 3 times.....
    I have used the ticket system they tell me to use but got no answer yet ....I need to get on with things ......why do they take so long.... after all i have paid for the software......
    such poor service with a new product.....putting me right off Xara .
    Back to dreamweaver I guess.

Mike
    I had a similar problem Mike, it is sorted now.
    I would advise sticking with XWD, I have Dreamweaver and Expression Web And believe it or not Serif Webplus X2 (which is the next best thing to XWD in my opinion)
    XWD gives you a new experience everytime you use it without extreme effort.
    I started in 1995 using html and that was exciting once learned but nowhere near as exciting as XWD

Hi Ya MikeM
    Yes your right about XWD it is a good prog ...even though its the first edition....i'm sure the next edition will be far superiour .....I learn something new every time I use it .....I am a dreamweaver fan to be honest and i have got to grips with CSS although it did take me almost a year learning....but with XWD it seems so simple and i can do loads compared to DW......I keep thinking something must be wrong ...
    Anyway goods news as the support has come back and told me I have more activations now so i'm off to get on and catch up.

Mike