Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it possible...

First off, I want to thank all of you for the help you have given me the past few weeks as I learn (yet another) web design program. There are couple of things I would like to see added to the next program upgrade (of course since I am not a programmer, I'm not even sure if it is feasible). My site utilizes an .asp password protection script (spooky login) which requires that I insert a small piece of script at the top of the page (before the html tag) for the redirection to work. Since there is no way to insert this into the page design of XWD, I must open each page in FP and add the script. This normally would not be an issue except that every time I make a page change, XWD creates new pages for every page in the site. So I have a list of 10 pages or so that I must open in code view of FP and cut and paste the script...very, very tedious. I also have another page that requires the VBSCRIPT tag at the top. So I figured...no big deal, I'll just set these pages to NOT PUBLISH in FP...big mistake. Apparently XWD re-writes the index_htm_files every time, so any page that is not published will likely no longer link to the proper graphics file in the newly revised index_html files. This also proved disastrous for me. Obviously several folks on the Forum have asked that the next generation of XMD be designed so that pages that have not been altered remain untouched during the export function, and I agree this would be nice. So here is my request...is there any way (in the next version) to add a tab in the "web properties" dialog box to allow the addition of script that must appear at the top of the page before the html tag? If that was possible, I wouldn't care if the page gets re-configured every save as long as the scripts remain part of the.web file. I'm not really a hand-coder so I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would make my life alot easier. I didn't have this problem with Webstyle because each page was kept intact during publishing.

Default Re: Is it possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Macultra20 View Post
    So here is my request...is there any way (in the next version) to add a tab in the "web properties" dialog box to allow the addition of script that must appear at the top of the page before the html tag?
    Yes, we may add such functionality. Though we'll probably implement it in a way similar to head placeholders.
    John.

Macultra20 has a very good point, I am fighting with the same problem all the time. I have to insert a page tracking code to the bottom of the page. I can not use the "Tracker Code Window" provided in Properties. The code I am inserting freezes the Mouse Down. So I am using the placeholder with mixed results as I have to put it to the bottom to work properly.
    So there should be a "Bottom Placeholder" as well.

Macultra20 has a very good point, I am fighting with the same problem all the time. I have to insert a page tracking code to the bottom of the page. I can not use the "Tracker Code Window" provided in Properties. The code I am inserting freezes the Mouse Down. So I am using the placeholder with mixed results as I have to put it to the bottom to work properly.
    So there should be a "Bottom Placeholder" as well.
    This is not the same problem. Your problem is the tracker code you use. It was not designed for pages with scripts. We use a protecting technique to allow such scripts to work correctly but this is used only on placeholders. We don't apply it to the tracker code because the tracker code is inserted as the last element in html so we can't protect it.

Anywhay, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Or you think placing your tracker code before the <html> tag would help?
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Anywhay, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
    But John, the subject of this thread is "Is it possible..."

So my question is, Is it possible... for nothing to be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    But John, the subject of this thread is "Is it possible..."

So my question is, Is it possible... for nothing to be possible?

The subject is disclosured in the first message.
    John.

Yes! A feature that allows us to insert code before anything else. Save me editing the pages on every change.

This would stop my header already sent errors everytime i forget to put the code where it belongs.

Cheers!
    I ate my crayon.

I’m still confused. I have to place the tracker code at the end of the page, directly before the </body> tag. I tried putting the placeholder at the foot of the page and inserting the code in the Web Properties/placeholder/replace with HTML code box, but the code doesn’t seem to be working and I’m not sure if it’s going in at the correct place. Is there a way to be sure?
    Perhaps this isn’t the same as the original subject of the thread, but it seems related closely enough to me.

Hi Charles,

Have you tried adding it to the Tracker Code area in Web Properties?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trackercode.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	61752

Oh, of course, no I didn't try that. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks.