Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dynamically moving a page.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    To answer this I need to look at the script. There may be problems with absolute positioning as you say.
    Also, everything can be worked around. It just may be not so easy.
    Here you go: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pdownpanel.htm

Wink Re: Dynamically moving a page.

Spot on steve!!!!

You guys - just keep squeezing that $29.95/$49.95 don't you
    After the first one has squeezed it, then there is a line up trying to squeeze what is already squeezed!

John, you do an amazing job. Thanks.

Rupert

I've now tried this and it doesn't work, or at least I can't get it to work. Here are all the files including the .web if anyone wants to give a go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A tip: There are some great JavaScript libraries and also frameworks available, which offers such effects for free. Most of them are doing this with using unobtrusive JavaScript. Personally, I like the Dojo Toolkit. Another popular JavaScript library is jQuery.

Wikipedia knows the rest of the available JavaScript libraries.

Unobtrusive JavaScript means
    • "Separation of functionality (the "behavior layer") from a Web page's structure/content and presentation
    • Best practices to avoid the problems of traditional JavaScript programming (such as browser inconsistencies and lack of scalability)
    • Progressive enhancement to support user agents that may not support advanced JavaScript functionality"

source: Wikipedia article about Unobtrusive JavaScript

Regards,
    Remi

Remi, can such javascripts be modified and added to WD as tweak placeholders?
    Most of us want easily drag and drop these things on our WD pages.

A placeholder is simply a dialog box which allows you to insert JavaScript or other things. So, everything is possible. It depends more on the Webdesigner himself.

If you earn money with your website, then you should be able to pay a Webdeveloper for helping you out. Otherwise you have to learn it by yourself or have to wait for a member who is willing to help.

I don't know if it's possible to create them as "tweaks", because I don't use XWD and don't know much about this tweaks-mechanism.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 08 May 2009 at 02:21 PM.