Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Duplicate page error

This is a serious problem, that doesn´t fit with " freedom to create thing" in Xara web designer. If you duplicate a page this page is supposed to have the same layers as the original page, true? Now, in reality the duplicated page looks allright when you edit it, but when you preview the page in browser everything gets out of order. Until now i haven´t find a solution for this. Any body has a n idea? Thanks

Default Re: Ducplicate page error

Nat,

After creating that page you need to export and reupload all files again and if your browser is currently open when doing so, hit refresh after they upload and all will look great...
    RaZzLE

Thanks Razzle, but the problem occurs not on uploading to the server, but in previewing in xara browser. I didn´export it. I suppose that it has something to do with the right handling of layers, but its very embarrassing to find out.

Nat,

One thing that I have noticed when working on projects is XWD doesn't always refresh with your changes. I have to close out the project and reopen it to be able to see my changes sometime... Not always but sometimes...

Hope this helps...
    RaZzLE

Default Re: Duplicate page error

Thanks Razzle, but this doesn´t work in my case. Have to try other things.

Nat

What i don´t understand is why making changes on one page changes the design of the other page on preview and exporting. Is this maybe due to anchors. Anyway after this experience I will have to reconsider my initial good opinion about this software. Passing hours trying this and that without results is frustrating.

Hi Nat,

Can you attach your .web file for the pages that are experiencing the problem?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the answer. Yes, i will attach the pages soon and send it.

Nat

Hello Soquili,

here i have attached the pages that cause problems. It is all in German, but it is not important. The second page is a duplicated page from the first. Now if you make changes on the first, for example changing a text column for other text, or if you move the pictures around, the second page gets mad on preview, sometimes even the first one too.
    I have created for the text on page1 a new layer, but it doesn´t help for page2. I would be very grateful for any help.

Nat
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah, to open the second page in preview you have to click on Wirtschaftsrecht in the navigation bar.