Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZBrush 4

Default ZBrush 4

Pixologic: a new release coming in August 2009.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/sho...d.php?t=070082

All major software companies should take note of the upgrade price.

Default Re: ZBrush 4

Yes, I wonder how Pixologic manages to give away all these updates for free, and it has been some years, now.
    How nice is to pay a software and have it up-to-date for a few years.

I wonder if I would get a free upgrade. I bought a version back in 2001 I believe. Upgraded a few times and was using version 2 when that computer's drive crashed. I never had time to devote to learning new feature of version 3 so did not request the update.

Still do not have time to devote to learning all the things I've forgotten and all the new features.

I had hoped to be retired about now and have time....recession and poor investment decisions/advice have shot that idea down.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes Bill, dig up your invoice and other info and follow this link http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/upgrade/
    Be sure to register ZB3.1 so you will be inline for ZB4
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 08 May 2009 at 09:49 PM.

Yes, Bill, you can get the upgrade to 3.1 from ZBrush 2 or earlier! I had no problems doing so, and I also got a cd backup (there is only slow dialup connection available in my area so downloading can be a problem). One thing that was pointed out about ZBrush 3.1 is that it doesn't work well with any type of RAID system. Your mileage may vary.

It really is terrific that the free upgrades are still ongoing and I'm looking forward to ZBrush 4. This is the only 3D ap that I am upgrading these days as I'm just fed up with all the other expensive ones.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hello Maya,

You may already be aware of this, but Caligari is now giving away Truespace 7.6 thanks to having been bought by Microsoft. I appreciate this will be a horribly difficult download for you on dial-up, so maybe you have a friend who could do this for you and burn it to CD/DVD and post it to you.

Thanks for the info on TrueSpace 7.6, David! That's a great idea!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

It's my pleasure, Maya. The thing is, I have downloaded all of the free files, but I wish I had the courage to actually open it. It really looks like a steep learning curve. I think I had better wait for some holiday so I can lock myself away with some valium to try this. Being on the wrong side of 40, I am getting worse and worse at learning new concepts. You should see me fumble with my mobile phone .

Talking Re: ZBrush 4

Don't worry! At the risk of TMI... I'm with you in the age/number game, although I'm better "preserved" than most jars of strawberry jam, when it comes to the strain and mental acrobatics required for many 3D programs my brain just turns to jelly at times.
    -Mark Twain

great news, i also use zbrush, but i do wonder... it will be free... yay! ... it will be a revolution (which pretty much every update to any 3d software out there is, if you ask the marketing )... yay! ... but is there any information, about new features and other details on the update available out there?
    Trust me - I know what I'm doing! -- Sledge Hammer