Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Question Webstyle 4 Navbars in XWD

Hi
    I have just purchased XWD. Since this was supposed to be the replacement for Webstyle4, I have been looking to see how I can incorporate the Drop down NavBars I have been using in Frontpage into XWD.

I can't seem to find a way to do this apart from building the buttons from scratch!
    Am I missing something or is there a way to use the functionality of Webstyle within XWD.

Grateful for any help

TM

Default Re: Webstyle 4 Navbars in XWD

Hi TM,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

You can use Webstyle created navbars in Web Designer.

See the Xara Support article at http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2741
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

TM,

It is very easy to incorporate your navbars from Webstyle 4. There are many many posts on this subject. You should try searching for this topic, but for now, just use a place holder and place your code in the pace holder and your navbars will work perfectly.

XWD is very new still, but Talkgraphics has many many topics covered already. Search for answers and also download the help guides that are posted on the top of the pages here...

Hope this helps you out...
    RaZzLE

Unhappy Re: Webstyle 4 Navbars in XWD

Hi
    I've spent most of last evening and this morning trying to follow the instructions in Support Article 2741 with no success.

I create a page - export the page using 'Export Website' to an empty folder.
    This creates an index.htm file and a folder 'index_htm_files'.
    I open Webstyle4 and modify a Navbar as required and save the result to the 'index_htm_files' folder.
    I then open the xxx.htm saved file and copy the '<script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="index_htm_files/links.js"></script> segment.
    Back to XWD and create a rectangle sized to the Navbar size. Select the rectangle and Web Page Properties - Select PlaceHolder and Replace with HTML code.
    Export the Page again - View the page - NO MENU!!!

Can someone please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by TManic View Post
    I then open the xxx.htm saved file and copy the '<script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="index_htm_files/links.js"></script> segment.
    Make sure that the "xaramenu.js" is also exported to the "index_htm_files" folder, and insert following code to the palceholder in the WD:
    Code:
    <script src="index_htm_files/xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="index_htm_files/links.js"></script>
    John.

Hi

Tried the suggested fix but still no menus. The index.htm file has the inserted bit of code but is producing no results. Can anyone point me to another solution or should I try the xara support people.

Thank you

TM

Another suggestion:
    - export all your Webstyle menu into the same folder where you have your index.htm;
    - insert following in the placeholder:
    Code:
    <script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="links.js"></script>
    The reason why we can't tell you what's wrong and how to fix it is that we don't see your files and their location. So we may only guess.
    John.