Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I export the pages i have designed in XDW in *.PHP?

Can I export the pages i have designed in XDW in *.PHP? Or is there any solution to that?
    Please Help!!

Default Re: Can I export the pages i have designed in XDW in *.PHP?

Yes you can. This was discussed many times in different contexts here.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36897
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37462
    Also use a search.

If you have any particular question (not as general as this), go ahed and ask, I'll be glad to help.
    John.

Thank you covoxer. Why I am asking these questions just because of this...

I have attached the example.web
    I have to choose A or B and click the Go button. I put the PHP code into the `Go` button by using placeholder. However, The php code doesn`t see the selection of ``A`` or ``B``

Some say we have to put them together in a Form format which can be done in dreamviewer and PHP code can see the selection..

Is there any method that I can solve that issue by not using DW???

thank you covoxer................

Sorry I forgot the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by afsenol View Post
    I have to choose A or B and click the Go button.
    This looks like you want to implement a form, right? But this is not done with PHP.
    I put the PHP code into the `Go` button by using placeholder. However, The php code doesn`t see the selection of ``A`` or ``B``
    Are you sure you understand what you are trying to achieve? The PHP code is executed on the server before the page is downloaded by user (usually the page, or it's part is generated by PHP). How can it see something that user will change later?

And I'm confused about the idea of using the button as a placeholder. In this case you'll see no button on the resulting page.

Anyway, I suppose you have some PHP code that generates some content based on the request submitted by form.
    In this case you need 2 thing on your page.
    1. A placeholder where the generated content goes (obviously not a button, but rather some area on the page).
    2. A form compatible witht his script. You have to create all the necessary fields and give them correct names. This has to be documented with the PHP code you use.

You can create the form manually in WD, almost the way you were trying to do. Bu you have to wrap the input fields within the form element, add a submit element and setup the form preferences.

If this is the case, plese confirm or give me more details on the code you want to use. Then I'll be able to help you.
    John.

Actually, I did not know what I exactly want and I was so confused, however you made me think clearly. So, I can ask exact question which its answer helps me a lot.......Here it is..

I manually created the form in WD as you see in the attachment, but I couldn`t wrap the input fields ( radio buttons and submit element ) within the form element.

I can do it in dream viewer. Firstly, I create a form and put the table in the form and put the input fields in tables. However, I can not do it with WD.

Simply, How can I wrap the input fields within the form element?

Thank you really so much John

Looking at your file I see that you may not need any PHP scripting at all. You may not need a form element as well.

If you want to open specific URL based on the selected checkbox, you can use a simple javascript. See the attached file for example.

I have added the dcript to the first checkbox placeholder, but you can place it in any placeholder.

The button link is set to run the script.

Every checkbox has a value property set to the URL to open.
    John.

Thank you so much John, that works great....solved one of my problems...

I have two more questions, i have attached the *.web file, check it out

I explained everything in WD file regarding my problems.

Thanks again John

-----------
    Moderator note: please share your questions in your post I have added a screenshot of your .web file to assist others in helping you.
    -----------
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afsenol.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	60421  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 May 2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added note and screenshot

Aha. Now you see what happens if you don't tell everything and exactly what you need from the start???
    In the previous post you had pointed out that you want to open different html files depending on the checkbox settings. Didn't you?
    I was asking about PHP script that you have to use, but you had not confirmed it. This way we may walk in circles you know.

Yes you can create form element in WD as I was saying before. And yes you have to use the ugly submitt button provided with browser, unless you'll use one of the tweaks posted in this forum.

So, let's get to the details. I still don't know exactly what is actually needed by your PHP script, but one thing I'm sure is that you need a canonical form.

Form element.
    The method of placing anything inside a html element was described here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...66&postcount=4

See the example with form element in attachment. You'll have to edit form element in the placeholder of course.

Ugly submit button.
    This questions was asked before: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37901

To make a custom submit button, you have to give an ID to your form element ( <form id="my_form1"> for example), and the use following code in the link field of your own button:
    Code:
    javascript:document.getElementById("my_form1").submit();
    where my_form1 is an actual ID you've given to your form.

Also, if there are many nuances that you don't clearly understand in the requirements of the PHP script you want to use, it could be a good idea if I would support your programmer directly.

Check the attached design for more clues.

Hope it helps. This time...
    John.

it helped a lot. However, I will give you the PHP codes, so you can check it out. The problem is that the guy who is a programmer does not know the english so I have to be translator

Thanks again John