Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Error 'the website declined to show this webpage' when published

Oooh it is working now!

It wasn't when I left work earlier. Fantastic. I will change the index to index.htm and see if that fixes it directly, if not I'll contact head office.

With the mouse over button text dissapearing, how do I fix that. Do I need to change the colour settings?

Thanks for replying everyone

A very happy Maddie.

Yes - it was changing index.html to index.htm - that fixed it.

Now looking at I see a few errors - but at least I can fix them.

Thanks again guys

If anyone can help me with the button text dissapearing when you hover over it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Maddie

Hi Maddie

Not sure what you have done with the menu/roll-overs, you seem to have multiple groups. If it was down to me I would be tempted to delete the menu and start again but someone here more knowledgeable about XWD may be able to spot a quick fix.

Drwyd

This may help if you are stuck

Button colours have been named so as to make editing easier.

Drwyd
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs down Re: Error 'the website declined to show this webpage' when published

I am fighting with the same problem. Something is getting lost when I export. Once exported the site is not working in the preview either anymore. Pop ups work, but non of the links. The only way to make the link work is "right click" and select "Open Link".
    I got so frustrated that I deleted the whole site and started over again. Preview worked fine and I thought I made it. Well I exported and was in the dump again.
    What am I doing wrong? Or what bug is in the program. I love all Xara products but this one drives me crazy. In conjunction with Xara Extreme Pro I made a good looking site. But what good is it when it does not work.
    For now I went back to use my Netobjects11 and I don't really like that one.

Hi Drwyd

Yes, I think I went a bit crazy with the 'repeat object command' and have ended up with multiple layers of the menu lol.

Thank you so much for re-doing the menu, I didn't know how to change the button colours. I will go delete the menu(s) and sort it out now

I really appreciate your help.

Maddie