Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Error 'the website declined to show this webpage' when published

Hi

I have created my website and decided to publish it.

After exporting and uploading, I go to the web page and get a HTTP 403 forbidden error 'the website declined to show this webpage'. Most likely causes : the website requires a log in? (which it doesn't).

I have managed to successfully upload an index file via dreamweaver via ftp which viewed successfully, so what is happening here please?

The website address is www.stjosephsjunior.luton.gov.uk and I have attached the web file.

Thanks Maddie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Error 'the website declined to show this webpage' when published

Hi Maddie

Your server is not recognising index.html as the default page when no file is specified. You will need to get in touch with the server admin.

Site viewable here http://www.stjosephsjunior.luton.gov.uk/index.html

Renaming index.html to index.htm and republishing may be another solution (depends on server settings).

Drwyd

P.S. The home page takes an age to load looking good though

Hmm here it loaded pretty fast and I don`t have a fast connection anymore.

But one thing I noticed is that if you 'mouse over' the buttons the text in the button disappears?
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Must have been rush hour at the exchange, much faster now.

Drwyd

Oooh it is working now!

It wasn't when I left work earlier. Fantastic. I will change the index to index.htm and see if that fixes it directly, if not I'll contact head office.

With the mouse over button text dissapearing, how do I fix that. Do I need to change the colour settings?

Thanks for replying everyone

A very happy Maddie.

Yes - it was changing index.html to index.htm - that fixed it.

Now looking at I see a few errors - but at least I can fix them.

Thanks again guys

If anyone can help me with the button text dissapearing when you hover over it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Maddie

Hi Maddie

Not sure what you have done with the menu/roll-overs, you seem to have multiple groups. If it was down to me I would be tempted to delete the menu and start again but someone here more knowledgeable about XWD may be able to spot a quick fix.

Drwyd

This may help if you are stuck

Button colours have been named so as to make editing easier.

Drwyd
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs down Re: Error 'the website declined to show this webpage' when published

I am fighting with the same problem. Something is getting lost when I export. Once exported the site is not working in the preview either anymore. Pop ups work, but non of the links. The only way to make the link work is "right click" and select "Open Link".
    I got so frustrated that I deleted the whole site and started over again. Preview worked fine and I thought I made it. Well I exported and was in the dump again.
    What am I doing wrong? Or what bug is in the program. I love all Xara products but this one drives me crazy. In conjunction with Xara Extreme Pro I made a good looking site. But what good is it when it does not work.
    For now I went back to use my Netobjects11 and I don't really like that one.