Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Stop & Post May 2009

Just piddling around with a bit of stained glass for effect. A whole lot of bevels, shadows and fractal plasma fills really starts to slow things down. The six other Xtreme windows I have open for other graphics probably aren't helping either. Quite a bit of the effect is lost because of the size and lower image quality when posted here. Oh, well.

Enjoy,
    HayTay
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Quite a bit of the effect is lost because of the size and lower image quality when posted here. Oh, well.
    Any particular reason to post a static image as .swf Harry?
    You can retain better quality for photographic images using .JPG (higher than 75% quality) and would be faster to view than a 255kb flash file.

Steve,

Yes, if you mouse around you'll see it's not a static image. I ran this through XWD and made the button a clickable link back to the original graphic source. I thought I'd be nice. Additionally, there are some other cool stained glass panels available if anyone is interested in playing around with them.

Thanks for asking.

Yes I saw the hotlink Harry, but thought that (the link) could have been added to your post anyway, the quality of your image seemed more important to you?

I thought it was a fun way to add a link to a forum post

(but I didn't realise there was a link until you mentioned it HayTay!)

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes I saw the hotlink Harry, but thought that (the link) could have been added to your post anyway, the quality of your image seemed more important to you?
    Sure, I could have added the link in the text, but I wanted to play a bit with XWD. "How else would I have sorted out the issue with the red line(s)?", Harry sheepishly replied. Maybe Xara will sell another copy or two of Web Designer because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica
    I thought it was a fun way to add a link to a forum post

(but I didn't realise there was a link until you mentioned it HayTay!)
    And look at that, Kinetica learned something from it, as well. Pretty cool, if I do say so, myself. And I do! As you stated, it is fun. But, as Steve mentioned, it does add to the file size while reducing the display quality of the underlying graphic.

Cheers, all,
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    But, as Steve mentioned, it does add to the file size while reducing the display quality of the underlying graphic.
    But then, thinking about it, so does adding a video instead of a flat image.