which depends on hidden and floating object stereogram

so, i need Algorithms for convert any image to two dimensional depth mask

or code for any language but plz write the comments to understand the code

Plz help me as soon as possible

i am in trouble

Default Re: i wanna code or Algorithms for convert any image to depth mask

Welcome Sweet Light

Go to this link

There is no algorithm unless you create the depth image in a 3D program. You have to do it by hand. Black goes back, white comes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_light View Post
    hi ever body

i am new person in this forums

help me plz

i will programming magic eye program

which depends on hidden and floating object stereogram

so, i need Algorithms for convert any image to two dimensional depth mask

or code for any language but plz write the comments to understand the code

Plz help me as soon as possible

i am in trouble
    Sweet....I was needing something like that recently....
    I think it is probably impossible for a mere formula to create depth information ACCURATELY for a 2D picture.

But if you have the programming skills and the will to help in this area you could certainly help in a huge way....and it would be great....

What i would like to see is a program that you could use to create depth masks ontop of existing 2d raster images....

i.e. this would be achieved by overlaying an illustrator style mesh over the top and you could rotate the image in any of the 3-dimensions, drag out nodes ETC....
    This way you could take a picture of a person say overlay a mesh to represent the contours of the face (for example) then pullout the nose, ect and create a reasonably good depth mask quickly...
    if you could do that, it would be awesome.

Thanks for joining us here at TalkGraphics, sweet_light.

I'll reinforce what Gary said. Unless you create or recreate your image in a 3D application (ie. TruSpace, Maya, Blender, Sketchup Pro, RhinoCAD, Art of Illusion, etc.) and export it as a depth mask image you're going to have to resort to generating the image by hand in a 2D drawing app. May I be so bold as to suggest Xara Xtreme 4? Hah! I just did. With an eye for detail, some trial and error, a bit of practice and 256 levels of gray you can create very usable gray scale depth mask images. Plus it's just too cool seeing your own image spring to life.

What is it that you're trying to do? If you can post and example maybe some of us here can offer some guidance or other suggestions.

Don't be shy,
    HayTay

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome Sweet Light

Go to this link

There is no algorithm unless you create the depth image in a 3D program. You have to do it by hand. Black goes back, white comes forward.
    hi
    thank u for yuor effort

but is this site take about special program?

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    Sweet....I was needing something like that recently....
    I think it is probably impossible for a mere formula to create depth information ACCURATELY for a 2D picture.

But if you have the programming skills and the will to help in this area you could certainly help in a huge way....and it would be great....

What i would like to see is a program that you could use to create depth masks ontop of existing 2d raster images....

i.e. this would be achieved by overlaying an illustrator style mesh over the top and you could rotate the image in any of the 3-dimensions, drag out nodes ETC....
    This way you could take a picture of a person say overlay a mesh to represent the contours of the face (for example) then pullout the nose, ect and create a reasonably good depth mask quickly...
    if you could do that, it would be awesome.
    hi
    thanks for yor effort

but there is a question (if i rotate the photo by any angel i will get the 3D image)
    i am sorry but i am student ( i am beginner programmer) i am not have any idea about Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Thanks for joining us here at TalkGraphics, sweet_light.

I'll reinforce what Gary said. Unless you create or recreate your image in a 3D application (ie. TruSpace, Maya, Blender, Sketchup Pro, RhinoCAD, Art of Illusion, etc.) and export it as a depth mask image you're going to have to resort to generating the image by hand in a 2D drawing app. May I be so bold as to suggest Xara Xtreme 4? Hah! I just did. With an eye for detail, some trial and error, a bit of practice and 256 levels of gray you can create very usable gray scale depth mask images. Plus it's just too cool seeing your own image spring to life.

What is it that you're trying to do? If you can post and example maybe some of us here can offer some guidance or other suggestions.

Don't be shy,
    HayTay
    hi
    thanks for your effort

I AM NOT UNDERSTAND HOW I CAN GENERATE DEPTHMASK.

i will program magic eye program? (create the hidden stereogram) so i need to know how i can convert 2D or 3D image to depth mask

please help me i will try to understand how i can do it, but i am not understand how
    i am sorry but i am student ( i am beginner programmer) i am not have any idea about Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome Sweet Light

Go to this link

sweet_light,

As Gary was trying to communicate in his post above, download a 30 day Trial version of Xara Xtreme 4. Then read up on and try the following Xara Xone tutorial from January 2003:

A 3D Hidden Image Stereogram

Of course you'll also need to get a trial version of GP PopOut, Stereographic Suite, 3D Miracle & 3D Monster or some other stereogram generator application to complete the tutorial.

If you're looking for someone to help you program some 2D picture to 2 1/2D or 3D depth map image application my skills are woefully inadequate in that department. If that's the case, may I suggest looking for similar threads on a forum that pertains to your choice of programming language.

Good luck to you,
    HayTay

this might be the sort of thing you are looking for sweet_light?

http://www.filesland.com/companies/M...3DMonster.html

looks like it will work with a 3ds object - but I have no practical knowledge of this type of work myself...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    sweet_light,

As Gary was trying to communicate in his post above, download a 30 day Trial version of Xara Xtreme 4. Then read up on and try the following Xara Xone tutorial from January 2003:

A 3D Hidden Image Stereogram

Of course you'll also need to get a trial version of GP PopOut, Stereographic Suite, 3D Miracle & 3D Monster or some other stereogram generator application to complete the tutorial.

If you're looking for someone to help you program some 2D picture to 2 1/2D or 3D depth map image application my skills are woefully inadequate in that department. If that's the case, may I suggest looking for similar threads on a forum that pertains to your choice of programming language.

Good luck to you,
    HayTay
    thank you very match

i will write may threads on a forum that pertains to nychoice of programming language.