Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info May Day - Xara Xone Xtreme Step-by-Step Tutorial - FREE!

The May Xtreme Tutorial
    The May Xara Xone

Gary's secret stereogram techniques revealed. This tutorial explores the technique for creating a hybrid stereogram that is 3 stereograms in one.

For users with some experience who want to learn how to create hidden image 3D stereograms.

Comments are always correct and appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may-09-xone-promo.png 
Views:	492 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	60284  

Default Re: May Day - Xara Xone Xtreme Step-by-Step Tutorial - FREE!

Gary,

My, my, you've outdone yourself on this one! You must not have many stereogram secrets left. Based on my previous posts, I guess you knew at least one person that was anxious to give this tutorial a shot.

All in all, I think my version came out rather good. After completing the tutorial, I made a few changes to the final SG which included adding a 20% transparency and soft glows to the 3D cubes (instead of Gary's final lines), modifying the cubes so they have a slight arc when viewed, and adding my signature line at the bottom for another stereogram effect.

Thanks for this fantastic tutorial,
    Harry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cubes SG - Finished_sm.png 
Views:	3189 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	60339  

Good job on your stereogram, Harry. I can see the 3D cube and the floating objects on the top and bottom just fine.

BTW, I never would have learned how to see stereograms if it weren't for this forum! I move close to the monitor and slowly back away from it staring straight ahead.

Thanks for sharing your trade secrets, Gary! I have always been fascinated with stereograms and am super interested in how they are made ever since your first tutorial on the Xone, long, long ago. I've messed around a bit with them using similar software called 3D Miracle & Monster. It's lots of fun. Some day I'd like to find out how you do stereograms using images produced by Chaoscope. Those were terrifc--as are ALL your stereograms! You have really mastered it!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDust View Post
    Good job on your stereogram, Harry. I can see the 3D cube and the floating objects on the top and bottom just fine.
    Thanks PixelDust, I'm glad you can see it. I'm afraid that all of the credit goes to Gary and his masterful tutorial, though. My stereogram is merely an imitation of his original. I think I've got the stereogram 'thing' down pretty well. Now I've just have to master and get speedier at producing the grayscale depth masks. I'm struggling with a depth mask for a 'HayTay' original SG and hope to be able to show it off sometime before Death takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBtoonz View Post
    Some day I'd like to find out how you do stereograms using images produced by Chaoscope.
    Thanks for the link to the Chaoscope application. I'll have to give the program a whirl and produce a swirl sometime in the near future.

Cheers,
    Harry