Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Select and split an image

I have WD, Xtreme (and 3D and Webstyle).

I have constructed a graphic - not an imported photograph - that I want to chop into little bits so that they are assembled by a table or divs in code.

The trivial example is a white circle radius R that fits exactly in a 2R square. I want to divide this image into quadrants. In this simple case of course all I really need is one quadrant because I can flip this to get the others. But what if I have a pattern - again not a photo - and want to split it so that I have the two patterns that are reassembled as header and info bar for example?

Is there a one-step way of doing this in either program? ie take an image and simultaneously split it into two or more parts.

Apart from the photo crop, I can't see a way but I am not that familiar with WD/Xtreme yet. Is this sort of thing available in Xtreme Pro?

TIA

Default Re: Select and split an image

You can use arrange / combine shapes / slice

Quote Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
    Is there a one-step way of doing this in either program? ie take an image and simultaneously split it into two or more parts.

Apart from the photo crop, I can't see a way but I am not that familiar with WD/Xtreme yet. Is this sort of thing available in Xtreme Pro?
    Yes, in Xtreme you can do "Export image in slices" and it will automatically split all your design or a part of it into any slices you specify. This was designed specially for the use you describe.
    Web Designer was not intended to be a graphics program to create images for other web authoring tools, it was designed as a stand alone authoring tool. So, despite it actually can produce and export a wide range of graphical and animated content, it does not include slicing functionality.
    John.

Brill - thanks for the help. In fact I didn't need to export in slices but just export the individual bits one by one. The key was to understand that by overlaying a new shape over an existing shape, I could just pull the bit of the latter out...