Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Spinning texture in flash

I created a spinning logo in xara 3d by applying a texture to a like shaped object. I think that I am following the instructions from this forum. Upon trying to export as flash I get a message saying I can't export a texture. I want to create this as a flash file. Is this possible? Have I missed something?
    Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Spinning texture in flash

I'm not sure what might be going wrong for you, however your file (I added my own bitmap texture) exports to .swf without a problem for me using the export settings as shown.
    I also choose Flash bitmap rather than Flash vector when exporting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export3D2flash.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	60161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flashbitmap.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	60162  

Thanks sledger, sorry for posting in wrong place,
    I have since redrawn the logo following the directions on page 2 of the simsmj tut. So I now have a true vector representation. When I export this as "flash vector" and then try to open in a browser I get a black screen. I can export as "flash bitmap", but I am not happy with the image quality of that result.
    Thanks again,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Exporting as flash with drop shadows won't work, in fact trying to crashes the application for me.
    I'd stick to bitmap vector at highest quality (24bit) and export at the size you plan to show it on the webpage, though if too big it may end up being too many megabytes for website use.