Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Reduced size of Help Movies

It was shocker for me to find size of help movies reduced drastically from 680x552 to 380x285... I understand a need to have quickly downloadable help files and I guess that previous format (.avi) had to be change to (.flv); what is terrible is fact that now is IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE MENUS and "natural text" within Xara Xtreme.

Miniature help movies took away a lot of previously pleasant experience and for many will make harder to learn features ox this amazing software.

I just hope that many people will react to this step back in evolution of Xara Xtreme by adding their own voice to this problem and developers will repair damage they have done by reducing size of the Help Movies.

Default Re: Reduced size of Help Movies

I assume you are speaking about the online versions at http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/tutorials-demos ??

Those on the supplied CD are generally larger CD versions.

I don't have the X5 CD just yet so can't check if this has changed - but this is the case for earlier versions.

I have the CD, and the movies are 380 x 285 here, too.

Oh dear...

The movies are in the C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 5\HelpAndSupport\ENG folder.

I can play them individually with VLC Media Player and make the window bigger, but the movies are blurry. Sorry, that's probably not much help...

New way of Help Movies Page in XX5Pro is "local" html page identical with "on line" - only difference is, that html and movie files are on hard drive. Updates of "local" Movies (previously adding new movies to collection of current ones) are now just by switch to see "on line" version. There is no visual difference, or sign what is (if is) new on line, page format, colour and sections of Help Movies are the same, so user is really looking at the SAME BLUE MENU and wandering if all "online" is as "local" or not ...

In regards to the size of the new movies, there is a button on the control bar at the bottom of the player screen and between the 'time counter' and the 'volume control' there should be a button to toggle between full screen and this standard size. However, the full screen picture is a bit fuzzy.

Bob

Yes this is a poor show without any good reason.
    But - complaining won't help, the deed as they say is done.

Perhaps Xara/Magix should consider a downloadable .iso for license holders to burn their own copy of High Definition Help movies.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes this is a poor show without any good reason.
    But - complaining won't help, the deed as they say is done.

Perhaps Xara/Magix should consider a downloadable .iso for license holders to burn their own copy of High Definition Help movies.
    Yes - this is great idea, and it can be done. I just converted Movies from XX4Pro to FLV format (with sizes kept original) and I work on implementing loader (movies.html) properly so it can be used directly from XX5Pro "locally" with acceptable quality Movies.
    Unfortunately sizes of FLV files are bigger (!) then previous AVI so I manage it way so all Movies currently in FLV format will fit on CD - just for backup reason. Then I plan to find free file share web site and upload it there. I will let Xara community know link when done.

I would not do this without first getting permission from Xara as this will very likely be in breach of copyright to change the format and make them available for download.