Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WD Placeholder Flash problem

Attached is a pic of the screen in Xtreme4Pro where I generated the flash file. Upon a flash preview, there's the view HTML link which opens up this screen.

My suspicions are that there's something with either a cache problem in XWD where it's not letting go of a previously used value in a placeholder upon deletion.

There's another thread I started in the Xtreme Flash area with the .swf file attached.

Figured since this was related to both Xtreme Flash and WD, I'd post it in both increasing the chances of some enlightenment.

My head's getting sore from banging it on my desk trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara flash issue.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	59939  

Default Re: WD Placeholder Flash problem

No need for all of that, just insert the .swf file from the Web Properties box and WD will do the rest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add flash.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	59940  

Thanks for the quick reply, last time I tried that, it didn't seem to work. I'll give it another go ahead.

Much appreciated!

Mark

Doesn't matter where the original .swf is on your hdd either - WD will copy it to the resource folder (eg; index_htm_files) once you 'Export website' the first time.

G'Day Mate,

Thanks!

Well, I just re uploaded the site, what's happening is I have a white box where the .swf should be playing.

Can't imagine it's a layer issue

www.customcoins.biz

the page info shows that the movie's not loading if I'm looking at it correctly...

Any ideas?

It won't let me post my WD file here for some reason.

Hi Mark,
    Here's your file embedded using WD as mentioned.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I hate to sound silly, but I don't understand what I didn't do right. Shouldn't I be able to upload the placeholder with the rest of the website?

The placeholder in this case is only on the index.htm page or the Home page of the site.

I saw the files you sent but not sure what I'm supposed to do with them. I apologize for not getting it.

Placeholders themselves (the rectangle) are never uploaded, only the content for the place held by them in your design.
    Placeholders are just a means to insert some code, in your case the code to insert to load and play the .swf resource.
    But as noted, you don't need to use the code that Xtreme generates for flash, just add the .swf as explained before - WD will generate the code.

Provided you are using the 'Publish to to FTP site' function of WD, then all of your design will be uploaded.
    If you are using an external FTP client and only uploading the index.htm then no, this will not work correctly because everything else needs to upload too (index.html plus the folder index_htm_files which contains the .swf amongst other resources).

I saw the files you sent but not sure what I'm supposed to do with them.
    I was hoping that you'd see the simplicity of it all and a bulb would light up for you http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon3.gif

Well, it seemed to work, I thank you for the advice, just wish I knew what I did wrong before.

Thanks again!

I have the same problem.

I can't get the placeholder to display the flash.

What I do is that I create a rectangle.
    Make it a placeholder and select the .swf file to display.

I export the site (only to a local folder for testing.) and it will not show the flashfile.