Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Xara Xtreme in combinatin with Photoshop Elements

I wanted to create some eyecandy-linework in order to acheive a bit movement in this illustration. I tried to do the linework in photoshop at first, but realized that Xara would be the better tool for the job. So when the smoothest linwork was done in Xara, I turned over and did the rest of the work in Photoshop Elements.
    Quite fruitful combination, I think, but of course it could have been done solely in Xara.
    Magne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	journey_through_the_Bible.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	60074  

Default Re: Xara Xtreme in combinatin with Photoshop Elements

I use multiple programs too. Some tasks are faster in certain programs and some effects are more easily gotten in different programs.

As an example, I like to use my PaintShopProXI to finalize my exported XaraX png. For some reason, in PSP, my screen colors match my printed results.

I could use PSPXI to make my images but XX is so much faster and easier except if plugins are used, then it bogs down and redraws every time you move your image.

I use EasyThumbnails for a sharp and crisp thumbnail of any of my images.

I use IrfanView anytime I want to quickly save a screen grab or inexact crop for example images.

I really enjoy your artwork. It's so clever and unexpected.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Xara Xtreme in combinatin with Photoshop Elements

nice imagery - it should have a title maybe

or perhaps given the detail in the background the imagination is better

is this kind of style typical of Norway? - I only ask because I have a Norwegian neighbour who draws similar [though not nearly as well ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Xara Xtreme in combinatin with Photoshop Elements

Well, in fact this was a commissionwork which wasn't accepted. So maybe its just my weird style :-)
    I would be glad if you found any style in my works that would be typical for me, because I think it's hard to find any myself.
    Magne