Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Overlapping layers

Hi all I'm trying to design a website from scratch for a friend and I'm working now on a header logo image and am having troubles. what i want to do is one image combining three... TX flag on one side animals on the other w/ the state seal in the center where the two meet. It just has been so long sice I've used PSP X for anything other than editing photos and can't find anything in the help menu. Can anyone help me??? Thanks in advance!!
    IP

Default Re: Overlapping layers

You will need to put each object on seperate layers.
    Have a look at the help files on Transparency and Blends, which should point you in the right direction. (Much easier to do this in Xara Xtreme though).
    Xara Xample attached.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tejas.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	60043  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 27 April 2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: add graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Thanks iamtheblues! I think what my main problem is getting the side by side images. how do I open an image with a big enough background to fit two side by side images, instead of just one image directly over the other?
    IP

I have a .pdf file which will guide you through the steps to get what you want. I tried to find the site to link to it, but it seems to have gone out of business.
    So I'll attach the version that I made from visiting the site way back when.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Well, I've been experimenting with layers, blend modes and transparencies, and I have managed a result of sorts.
    I have attached the Paintshop Pro file (.psp - zipped) so you can examine the layers and see how I got my version.
    I redrew the Longhorn pic I found, and made a new Texas flag. All the component parts are .png files, which have alpha transparency.
    These are also zipped as 1 file for you to use as you wish.
    Finally a link to the tutorial I found to be most helpful. (I'm not that experienced with PSP, but doing this helped me a lot.)
    If you run into any problems, I'll do my best to talk you through it.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tejas.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	60130  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP