Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Resizing Text Box Resizes Text - Dont Want This

Hi,

I have made a text boundry box by dragging out an area to type in...and the text wraps nicely around in the box.

Now I have to add some more text in the body and at the end... and also make the size box larger to include an image. When I resize the box...the type point size goes up in size too.

How do I make a bigger text boundry box and keep the text point size the same as it was without having to cut it out...and then paste it back in again.

Thanks,

Suzzie

Default Re: Resizing Text Box Resizes Text - Dont Want This

Hi Suzzie, don't pull on the black size handles, instead, click the 'T'ext tool icon and then click inside the text area you want to edit. The text boundary (red dotted lines) will appear and allow you to resize the area without it enlarging the text.

Great, Perfect!!! That makes it much easier!!

I just had a text box with a small red box to the right with a down arrow in it. I tried clicking on it and alt and ctl clicking but nothing would work. I guess it was just TELLING me that text was below. Your solution works perfect...just grab the handle next to it.

Thanks!!

Suzzie, the small red box with the down arrow on it allows you to link text boxes. Try this ... Create a text box where the text overflows the box (use shift+ctrl+l to add the text). Create a second and a third text box (both empty). Click and drag the small red box with the down arrow into the second box. The overflow will go in there. Now click and drag from the small red box with the down arrow on the first box to the third box. The overflow will be directed there instead. Alternately if the second box still overflows, drag that one to the third box instead. As any of these boxes is resized the text will adjust in both (all three) boxes accordingly.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.