Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Phone Icons

Default Phone Icons

Hi All,

new here so a big hello and a thanks to all out there creating tutorials to help newbies like me.

So what i am at is learning Xara X mainly on Linux as i am trying to create a totally GNU based design machine.

I like illustrator and like the affect that the "innerglow" effect gives on this linked tutorial. My challenge idea is to test those experienced to create the attached in say Xara or Inkscape. Gary Priester did give me a very good response via mail but suggested you guys on here are up for taking on Illustrator so please take a look and if the modorators think its worthy perhaps some results will be forth coming.

So yes this is GEL button territory but not is the standard way shown in XX tutorials. Note how the innerglow give the light effect curving up from the bottom to meet the darker shadow.

http://www.tutvid.com/tutorials/illu...PhoneIcons.php

Thanks Guy

Jason

Default Re: Idea pool

Hi Jason,

The link you provided takes us to a site requesting a payment for the tutorial.

I do not think anyone is willing to pay for a tutorial just to participate in a challenge for recreating it in Xtreme.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes I noticed this at first, but it's only for a much higher resolution version (twice the res'). The video on the page plays just fine without paying for it, and is of clear quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Jason,

The link you provided takes us to a site requesting a payment for the tutorial.

I do not think anyone is willing to pay for a tutorial just to participate in a challenge for recreating it in Xtreme.

Hi as per the other reply you dont need to pay unless you want to down load a higher quality copy but this is more than watchable as is thanks

jason

It might not be exactly the same as I don't have the funny head image, but this took less time than it took him to draw his rounded corner rectangle.
    Derek
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by masque; 22 April 2009 at 04:29 PM.

i dont think illustrator is that good really, big trousers, but very small pockets

i didnt use that mans tutorial because its not a difficult task and probably to listen to his tutorial make it more difficult than it will be in xara anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipod icons.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	59986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipod icons.gif 
Views:	414 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	59989  

Default Re: Phone Icons

Same but using his images

Name:	ipod icons 2.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	59990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipod icons 2.gif 
Views:	398 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	59991  

This looked like fun so I had to give it a try.

It's been over 25 years and we're still waiting for that darn E.T. to phone home! Don't wait any longer, use this button to call* and tell him to get his butt-on home, pronto. Exclusive to iPhone. Yep! There's an App for That.

*All domestic and interstellar rates apply. Bank verification of sufficient available funds is required prior call origination. Call will be terminated immediately upon depletion of all available funds. Absolutely no refunds for any reason(s) including, but not limited to, abnormal termination of any call, solar flares, interstellar static, signal absorption by black holes, catastrophic events involving Death Stars, etc.

Brought to you by,

HayTay&T
    Your Universe. Delivered.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by HayTay; 26 April 2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Corrected button mis-match

My take on this one. Could "Talk to the hand"?
    Scott

Name:	iphone icon resized.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	60112  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 April 2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Removed excessive white space from image
    "I do not think that I will ever reach a stage when I will say, "This is what I believe. Finished." What I believe is alive... and open to growth."
    Madeleine L'Engle

Nice effect. It reminds me of an iris.
    Using a rectangle line with a plasma fill, blended around a circle.

Name:	phone-icon.png 
Views:	320 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	60197  
    True love is the ultimate truth