Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Dynamic Content Page Tweak.... HELP!

I have no idea how to use this.. What I need to do is get this code to be dynamic...

<iframe name=myiFrame src=http://www.xxspeedway.com/calendar/calendar.php transparency=true width=100% height=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

I don't know what to do to make it work... Like its April now and it looks good, but when may comes along, the calendar shifts down to show 31days and I need the page to automatically adjust..

Can someone get this working???

Please....

Thank you..
    RaZzLE

Default Re: Dynamic Content Page Tweak.... HELP!

On the face of it, your iframe space is set 100% x 100% (to fill whatever area is defined by the placeholder), but you're content needs exceed the original placeholder size later right?.
    IOW you want the placeholder to stretch past the size you have originally drawn it on the page in WD? But if you actually could use some dynamic iframe script, anything else on the page below the placeholder will have to move as well.
    I'd not have a clue if this were even possible.
    A challenge for the resident JS Guru yes

Yes, yes...
    Ok, so what we have here is a dynamic content. You can use Dynamic Page tweak from the Tweakset, but you can't use it with the iframe as you are trying to do. You'll have to make it with php include (or equivalent). Then it will work.
    Iframe elements can not resize automatically to the size of the content, so their use in this case is not straightforward.
    John.

John,

I did not write the php code for the calendar. It is easy sneezy calendar software, which is free. Do you think you could figure out how to make the placeholder resize when it is needed to? It looks great when the days are on 4 rows, but when it turns into 5 rows you can't see the rest of the calendar and if I adjust the placeholder to allow for the 5th row, then it looks dumb.. I really could use your help on this one, because i am stuck....

Thank you..
    RaZzLE

The problem is (as I see it), when you draw a placedholder, it's a 'defined size' (600x400pix for example). Your iframe source then fills that space as the width/height attributes are set to 100%.
    IOW, how could you expect the iframe to grow to suit the new source content when the iframe is constrained by the placeholder dimensions (600x400pix)?

An expanding (dynamic) iframe on your page would also require that other parts of your page 'move' too, otherwise it will mess it up.

I have seen dynamic iframes on other sites, but I don't think they are using absolute positioning CSS html.

Sledger,

I see your point and understand why that wouldn't work, but thats why I posted.. This ones over my head...lol... Any help is what i'm looking for..

Thanks..
    RaZzLE