Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Build E Commerce website with Xara web Designer

Hi every Body I purchase Xara web designer 2 month ago the program is amazing I was wondering if I can build web site for my business with this program specially if I build e commerce web site with all alement involve this is the first time I do thing in my own specially the website I am not sure how I start I see creating page is easy with all capability I have in this program but how I create the control panel or dashboard for the web site did the program has information or guide to help me control the element of the e commerce web site specially if you looking to add product Dailey also what pages size are recommended and do I have to change the pixel from 50 to 100 and what that mean thanks for any help I can get
    Sam
    Last edited by hes59; 20 April 2009 at 11:26 PM.

Default Re: Build E Commerce website with Xara web Designer

Welcome to TalkGraphics hes59,

Web Designer is not able to produce e-commerce sites which use a 'back-end' database for adding products, managing inventories, customers and payments.

However with Web Designer you can create product pages with images and descriptions to which you could add PayPal buttons (for example).

I am not sure what you mean with your question: "do I have to change the pixel from 50 to 100 and what that mean "

Actually with considerable maneuvering with placeholders and PHP and using the dynamic page size script on this site (sticky section) it could be done. However I agree other tools would be easier.
    But it would be interesting if someone decided to tackle this just for the challenge and post it!

I am hoping to be able to e-commerce my site by creating PayPal buttons on the Paypal site itself...and then copying the code for their buttons into placeholders here in my XWD pages. Then when a user clicks on a button... they are brought to Paypals checkout screen in my name...then they pay me there. Paypal sends them a receipt and sends me a notice that a purchase has been made...then I mail the training DVD to them.

Suzzie

Quote Originally Posted by suzzie1234 View Post
    I am hoping to be able to e-commerce my site by creating PayPal buttons on the Paypal site itself
    Hi Suzzie1234,

some time ago I wrote a short tutorial about creating PayPal buttons to be used in Web Designer. Hope you'll find it useful.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

PayPal is a really excellent solution because the visitor is taken to the PayPal site where all the money issues are handled.

And with PayPal the visitor can use most major credit cards if they prefer this method to the PayPal method (which I always found a bit backward and unnecessary).

Jotform which you can use to create forms also can create forms for various payment methods including PayPal, Google Checkout, WorldPay and several others.

Having done a few e-commerce sites I'd suggest that unless you are just selling a handful of products you are best using software that's built specifically for the job.

OsCommerce being one of the most popular (and free) applications. Better still CreLoaded, which is developed from OsCommerce (and still free at the most basic level), and has a built in Paypal module and Google base submission.

You can also buy lots of off-the-shelf templates to spruce up the basic CreLoaded layout for $100 or so. You'll need to produce some of your own graphics to customise these templates, which is where Web Designer, or better still Xtreme comes in, but you'll have yourself a powerful shop for very little financial output.