Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3rd perspective

Lightbulb 3rd perspective

Hello everyone,

just sitting in front of xara, same as usual, day in day out and it got me thinking about a couple of neat feature requests.

Recently you have introduced the 3D option which is a fantastic feature! Now what if we took Xara to a complete 3rd dimension? By default we're always working in the front viewport, so introduce Y & Z axis and freeform rotation viewport.

This other idea could be done with templates when starting a new document, although it would be a less flexible approach but adding advanced rulers, assisted perspective lines, freely movable, etc.

Here is an example :P

http://www.teamphotoshop.com/images/...ective1/p4.gif

Thanks for reading my post! =D

Default Re: 3rd perspective

I have read your post and have a question for you. Do you think this would be a added feature that many of the forum members here would use? Do you not think this is a job for a CAD programme? You look at the 3D tool in Illy very few people use it, as in XPro people they tend to use it with text.

I think that it would be better for you to define a grid with guidelines if you wanted to keep in Xara to do your 2 pt. perspective rather than go for a CAD programme. I know I have made up some grids for this job and had a look in my hard drive there only to find it is only 1 pt and isometric but in an older computer I know I do have some so if you give me a day I will try and look it out.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Mangastudio has a perspective grid feature, that might be similar to what you want. You set up the vanishing points, 1, 2 or 3 point perspective and then all drawn lines will snap to the nearest VP perspective.

This is an incredibly useful feature if you draw a lot of scenes, even sketching with this switched on gives perfect perspective, for straight-lines only. I'm always looking for time-saving devices and this is a great one. With only the barest of rough guides on you sketch layer and with this applied you can "doodle" up background detail on your work layers with very little effort.

Having said that, I have no idea, A; how easy it would be to implement in Xtreme nor B; how many users would benefit from it.

I would like this very much.
    Sheff
    My Site

I am sorry went through my other computer as I thought I had a grid for you but no luck. What I used for this type of work was Freehand as it has grids that you can set up with up to 3 vanishing points. In the example shown I set it up with 2 pt. perspective and all the grid planes are editable as well as vanishing points and grid size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grid.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	59953  
    Design is thinking made visual.