Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Repel across Layers in XWD

There may be others who are interested in a work around, so here is what I came up with. layout your popup and once you have your repel set group the text and the repelling object then export as a png. delete the original text group and import the png.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Wink Re: Repel across Layers in XWD

Another excellent work-around and I'm using it right now!

Plus I have saved the original Popups with a different 'bak' backup name on a duplicate _bak page so that I can edit the text at any time and redo & replace as necessary.

It's good that some people took this important problem question seriously and took the trouble to respond constructively rather than making rather rude comments and somewhat misguided assumptions about another poster. It's all a question of interpretation.

'Frustrated' maybe but certainly not 'aggressive' - in fact I have used a picture of me as my avatar!
    Last edited by NoGoodReason; 27 April 2009 at 11:16 AM.

Default Re: Repel across Layers in XWD

I was sorry to see this thread coming to an end as I have the same problem and a solution would be very much appreciated.

I have (hopefully) attached a .web file that demonstrates the problem. You should be able to see that Circle 1 is repelling text where I want it to, but Circle 2 is repelling text across all layers, making a whole in the text of Circle 1.

If anyone has the time to look at this, I'd be very grateful.
    Attached Files Attached Files