Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving in Photoshop bugs?

Hi -

I'm saving from Painter (10 AND 11, with varying problems) (on an intel Mac) to .psd, and my client, opening in Photoshop, receives files that are exactly one half the size in pixels as I saved. They are also flattened. That seems weird! What could make that happen? Any help would be appreciated...!

Norton
    IP

Default Re: Saving in Photoshop bugs?

I did have a similar thing (not exactly half the size tho). When choosing 'New' doc in Painter by mistake I'd changed the Resolution from pixels per inch, to pixels per CM. Don't know if that's your prob, but make sure it's pixels per inch.

To check it on an already created doc, go to Canvas/Resize and if it's pixels per CM change it.....you then may have to alter the size.

Not sure about the flattened bit tho. If you had layers they should remain as layers.
    IP

I think when you saved as a Photoshop file, you will have had a tick against the save compressed option, that I think does away with the layers.
    IP

Thanks, all...

What I was doing was using "save as" on a psd file, not noticing that the format selected below was riff - and since I didn't have "append" checked, the name of the file didn't change. When you open a riff file in photoshop it apparently interprets it in such a way that it halfs the number of pixels and flattens it.

So my mistake. Thanks for the thoughts...

Norton
    IP