Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Poll: What is your favorite web browser?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What is your favorite web browser?

elinks - who needs graphics when browsing the web

unfortunately more and more sites get unusable with textbrowsers :-/
    Trust me - I know what I'm doing! -- Sledge Hammer

Funny you should mention that.

I was married to Firefox for years but the new one is too ugly to look at, and the one I have always been using has a "memory leak" problem and completely freezes the whole computer after a few sites.

I've been messing with Opera but there are some things that bother me -- like I can't have two of them open, some fonts are too smudgy black; just little personality issues that become real tensions in a marriage.

Chrome, huh?

W

The appearance of Firefox could be changed if you don't like the way it is. I don't think this aspect of Firefox has changed since the previous version. I have version 3.0's appearance looking about the same as it was in version 2.0.

Edit: Probably best to try a new Profile for the memory leak or freezing. A Profile can be troublesome, especially if it's been around for version after version. It could even just be an extension causing the trouble. Try running in Firefox's Safe Mode for a while to see if the problem goes away.
    Last edited by Mart; 21 May 2009 at 09:55 PM.

Thank you. I just paid a guy $142 to not find the problem.

I'll give your ideas a try.

D

I like FireFox

Well, I do have IE, FF and Opera on my computers. Just to keep current for some Tech support I help with on another forum.

My personal favorite is Opera and has been for a number of years. I like the speed, the reasonable memory useage, the security features, and the user tweaks that can be done with scripts and opera:config.

V10 is in Beta testing and looks promising.

What I think is interresting is to read unbiased comparisons. Even Google has a hard time finding the unbiased browser reviews. LOL. However, this one looks pretty good _http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html You can choose Windows, Mac or Linux, and most of the current browsers are covered. After you select your platform, it will take you to a comparison page with all the shiny graphs, and explanations. It is a good read.

Currently, My favorite is Chrome because of speed and simplicity. I still use FireFox and IE sometimes because they have different features that are not available in Chrome.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I even don't know so many people use firefox. but I still use IE.

I am like Bruce! I use Chrome for speed but some features of FF are not available so I copy and paste them into FF. I found that some of the add ons in FF dramatically slowed FF down making it worse than IE for speed so I now have it back just for plain old browsing.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I love Firefox, the appearance is a non event, it works, updates are frequent and I laughed out loud - to my neighbours astonishment, when after downloading MS updates, a message popped up from Firefox stating that it had disabled one as it was harmful.... it was one of the add-ons.